Author Topic: How to get ride of scuff/scratch?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline WelshMXhooligan

• Not said much yet
  • Mk4 Golf GTI RED
How to get ride of scuff/scratch?
« on: 31 May 2010, 11:49 »
Ive got myself some scratch/scuff marks on the front left corner of my red mk4 gti
i was just wondering, whats the best way to get rid of these marks? (btw, im a total noob at polishing and waxing, ive never waved or polished a car in my life  :laugh:)

"Most sports take one ball, motocross takes two"

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Re: How to get ride of scuff/scratch?
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2010, 11:59 »
That may be to deep looking at the picture, but you could try AG paint renovator which is what I use, does the job!! Then polish & wax , see what Dan has to say i'm sure he will give you some direction soon Steve :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline WelshMXhooligan

• Not said much yet
  • Mk4 Golf GTI RED
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2010, 12:10 »
That may be to deep looking at the picture, but you could try AG paint renovator which is what I use, does the job!! Then polish & wax , see what Dan has to say i'm sure he will give you some direction soon Steve :cool:

ok cheers,

so do i use the paint renovater the same as a polish?

"Most sports take one ball, motocross takes two"

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2010, 12:18 »

ok cheers,

so do i use the paint renovater the same as a polish?

Yes you can ,just to use it like a polish but you may not get rid of all , send dan a PM he will tell the beat wayTBH :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2010, 12:27 »
If it rubber on paint, trim marks on paint etc, sometimes a tar remover will take it right off. Or if you have AS Tardis, that should sort it out.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2010, 22:03 »
some of that looks like it will polish out but AG paint renovator will not cut the mustard im afraid, try it by all means but ive done many scuffs exactly like this and you need something with a bit more bite.

kevs advice is also a good suggestion, it may remove some of it and leave the bits that need polishing more visible.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!