Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 379884 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1860 on: 21 May 2013, 21:16 »
You might get more money if you sort your alloys out rim tech in Milton Keynes put tyres on it and repair the door  :tongue:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline denyason

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1861 on: 21 May 2013, 21:23 »
so your saying i should "speculate to accumulate?"
does anyone know rough costs to refurb all alloys, fix a door open/close mechanism.  2 tyres is about £50.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1862 on: 21 May 2013, 21:40 »
i will sell you a brand new monza shadow with a brand new bridgestone tyre if interested
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1863 on: 21 May 2013, 21:51 »
does anyone know rough costs to refurb all alloys, fix a door open/close mechanism.  2 tyres is about £50.

You're probably looking at around £90-100 per wheel for refurb. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1864 on: 21 May 2013, 22:48 »
Pristine in Milton Keynes refurbed my monza shadows for about £80 a piece including carriage, did a really good job, got to send it with out the tyre on though!
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #1865 on: 21 May 2013, 23:15 »
What about the fact that all Aldis look identical? If you can tell the difference between an A7 and a 5 door A5 then you're a better man than I am!
Sorry to upset the nice Aldi drivers out there but the majority are driven by tossers up your arse all the time and remember, nobody will ever again let you out of a side street. And also reckon with Aldi salesmen who are so far up their own arse they're coming out the other end!
30k for me is an R or a fast BMW all day long.

Offline denyason

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1866 on: 22 May 2013, 01:31 »
Aldi drivers out there but the majority are driven by tossers up your arse all the time
:whistle:
sounds like sour grapes for people that maybe slightly more affluent- hence why they can pay shed loads for its cars.  theres always people richer than others.  I'm sure the old folk in their fiat panda's look down their noses at us GTi owners...."ooo them boy racers sooooo rude, in them days during the war........"

What about the fact that all Aldis look identical?
   em..............no different with most brands: called brand identity.  but you're right as they trying to milk every niche of motor from left to right but I've already had the audi tt mark 2 '06 and at the time it was fun.  when you're older one needs more space.  TBH the GTi gets too much chavs staring at me.( i sound like a tosser lol but that is true and they mainly drive scubbies) 
I like BMWs but 4wd is a must these days with the constant snow.   in january my golf couldn't move more than 5 metres from the house before it got stuck.  would love a used m5 but they're 44 grand at lowest.

£100 per alloy seems steep when you could buy a good set of alloys with tyres for £500 these days.

Offline darrent

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1867 on: 22 May 2013, 06:41 »
If it's any use to you. I've bought, 1 month ago an unmarked 5dr 09 37k red, 18" monzas, loads of other bits from a non franchised dealer in the north east for £13700. You'll be doing well to get anywhere near a 'proper' £13k trade in, like someone else said to get near that the money is coming off the new car.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1868 on: 22 May 2013, 06:53 »
Give rimtec a ring you might be surprised at the cost a few hundred pounds to get a better trade in has got to be worth it
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1869 on: 22 May 2013, 08:30 »
sounds like sour grapes for people that maybe slightly more affluent- hence why they can pay shed loads for its cars.  theres always people richer than others.

Now what was the name of that Harry Enfield character???
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.