Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 379903 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1660 on: 28 January 2013, 14:39 »
I did venture onto the RR site as like the Evoque but bit too much for me to run as a second car, have toyd with a Land Rover Defender 90 for the winter months if you buy cheap enough

Was mightily impressed by the 1.2tsi Rline Polo which is a cracking car and fun, all be it I'm hoping to order the Blue GT version for the 140ps ACT motor later this week as it will cope better with motorway miles and I can have most toys I have in the GTI, they do it in the mk7 GT but more than I want to spend

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1661 on: 28 January 2013, 15:57 »
have toyd with a Land Rover Defender 90 for the winter months if you buy cheap enough

Cheap Defenders are cheap for a reason.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1662 on: 28 January 2013, 16:13 »
have toyd with a Land Rover Defender 90 for the winter months if you buy cheap enough

Indeed, you'll need to get your hands dirty maintaining them and repairing. If you are prepared to thoug the bits are cheap as chips and they will literally go on forever.

We call my mates one 'Triggers Broom'...... Think the number plates are the only original part of the car when he got it 20+ years ago  :grin:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1663 on: 28 January 2013, 16:18 »

Depends what your monetray value of cheap is ;)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1664 on: 28 January 2013, 17:05 »
I would say a 12 month old TDCI Station Wagon for less than £20,000 would be cheap, but a 200Tdi Truck Cab with a rotten chassis for any more than £1500 would be expensive.

Cheapness is all relative, or were you just letting us to know that you have lots of money?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1665 on: 28 January 2013, 17:09 »
No just that I'm not an idiot going to run a shed as was implied by your good self, and the 90 market is a minefield when I dipped a toe in the market

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #1666 on: 28 January 2013, 17:13 »
I've been having too many thoughts about getting a Touareg R-Line.

I think I could get used to a big comfy 4x4 uber barge to waft about in with barely a consideration for the weather conditions.
Permanent 4x4, big torquey diesel engine, auto 'box, massive ground clearance and plenty of toys...sounds like that's just what I need  :smiley:

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #1667 on: 28 January 2013, 18:20 »
Hi guys

Not been on here much lately though have been keeping a beady eye on what is going on.

So my GTI is on its way to a new home shortly as I will be taking delivery of my new baby RR the Evoque on the first of March all being well.  Sadly there are absolutely no deals to be done on this car but have managed to wangle some floor mats, a full tank of fuel and for the car to have Autoglym applied...if this was not being thrown in I would of told them to stuff it.

I tried the place where your mate works Neil but they said he was never in when I phoned, so finally got a deal with a dealer 30 minutes from home.

Will be sad to see the end of my GTI but winter driving here on the North York Moors gets more hazardous every year and I had an itch I gotta scratch with regard to the Evoque.

Hi, there I was only wondering what you were up to the other day. Sorry he never got in touch, numpty! Good luck with it!

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #1668 on: 28 January 2013, 19:08 »
Hi guys

Not been on here much lately though have been keeping a beady eye on what is going on.

So my GTI is on its way to a new home shortly as I will be taking delivery of my new baby RR the Evoque on the first of March all being well.  Sadly there are absolutely no deals to be done on this car but have managed to wangle some floor mats, a full tank of fuel and for the car to have Autoglym applied...if this was not being thrown in I would of told them to stuff it.

I tried the place where your mate works Neil but they said he was never in when I phoned, so finally got a deal with a dealer 30 minutes from home.

Will be sad to see the end of my GTI but winter driving here on the North York Moors gets more hazardous every year and I had an itch I gotta scratch with regard to the Evoque.

Hi, there I was only wondering what you were up to the other day. Sorry he never got in touch, numpty! Good luck with it!

Thanks for that, he maybe never was told that I'd rung.  I must have kept ringing on his day off lol.  Cheers for the good wishes.  All the best.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1669 on: 03 February 2013, 06:39 »
Farewell Amanda! Wondered when you'd get round to getting your Evoque. Good choice. Cool and practical.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner