Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 379935 times)

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1470 on: 10 November 2012, 19:13 »
Thx for your help :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Will@carbon

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1471 on: 11 November 2012, 23:07 »
I had the harmon kardon on my last car and it made the car for me. An upgraded hifi (I've come to realise) is a must for me. Ironically I said to somebody the other day, I will not buy a car again now unless it has xenons AND some form of upgraded hifi after having my gti.

As Craig says though the "mid range" business/loud speaker package is great we had it in a 535d and where very very happy with that.

If I absolutely had to choose it would be the xenons though and throw in some sort of a small sub or tweeter upgrade at a later date as retro fitting xenons is a no go!

On a side note, harmon kardon is about £580 on the £20000 1 series and I think was £990 in the £35000 3 series! BMW aren't stupid are they, cheeky monkeys! A few speakers more though to be fair.
I don't believe in global warming, sorry.
How are speed bumps legal?
I dislike lorry drivers who block lanes in traffic.
All burglars must die slowly ASAP.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1472 on: 12 November 2012, 07:31 »
This is what I have put on the car at the moment and crept under my £600pm allowance;
Metallic Paint - £610
Sun Protection Glass - £235
Heated Leather Seats - £300
Xenons - £495

The other bits I want are the wheels and the speaker upgrade;

19" M Star-Spoke - £580
Business Speakers - £400
Harmon/Kardon - £650

Would happily have another white car which removes the met paint option but as white reduces residual value it increases the monthly payments by removing it so its not a simple case of a+b+c= budget annoyingly :rolleyes:

Will speak to salesman again today and see if removing the heated leather frees up any budget for wheel upgrade.

As a thought has anyone retro fitted window tints, what was the cost and were you happy as this is a route I could go down and pay myself?

2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1473 on: 12 November 2012, 10:47 »
The Leon is being changed in March and I got sent by my Director to BMW to sort my new car out. In keeping with the common theme here it was obviously a trip to BMW  :grin:

I have managed to spec the following car for my budget;

320d M Sport
Metallic Paint - deciding between Glacier Silver and Mineral Grey
Heated Seats (leather as standard)
Nav & Bluetooth business pack
Sun Protection Glass (window tints)
Xenons

Now I have come away I am wondering whether to drop the Xenons for the Harmon Karden upgrade, anyone any experience/ advice as I am torn between the two and not enough monthly budget for both :huh:

Plus I am wondering if he heated seats should be swapped out for lumbar support, albeit the car in the showroom felt very supportive in the lower back?

Too many decisions :shocked:

I have the HK stereo system together with the pro-nav and its fantastic. I also have xenon's as well.

But if I had to choose it would be xenons all day long 100%.

I'm sure also if your ready to push the button and buy the car you could get the HK thrown in if you negotiate hard enough with the dealer. Tell them you can have my buisness today if you throw the HK in and be prepared to walk away

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1474 on: 12 November 2012, 11:04 »

As a thought has anyone retro fitted window tints, what was the cost and were you happy as this is a route I could go down and pay myself?

I've just had the windows on my Passat tinted. They look pretty good and compared to my mates Passat with factory tints, it's hard to tell the difference until you look really closely.

Retro fitted tints are a film applied to the inside of the glass as opposed to being laminated into OEM windows. There are one or two tint little bubbles in mine, especially close to the edges where that black, dimpled stuff is. Also as it is a film, it feels different inside. Quite soft to touch (if that makes sense) I'm worried about it getting scratched.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1475 on: 12 November 2012, 17:46 »
MAW73 - no further negotiation can be done, sales chap is a personal friend of our Sales Director so we are already getting preferential pricing for a relatively small fleet.

Set my heart on 19's, Xenons and tints...will update once ordered.

Appreciate all your input :cool:

Jimmymature

« Reply #1476 on: 12 November 2012, 21:50 »

M135i times are now appearing on Fastlaps.com

Rockingham National

M135i 1:23.30
Audi RS3 1:24.80

:lipsrsealed:

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1477 on: 12 November 2012, 22:58 »
Went to see one today

They have a white 3 door with no options in stock which they can do a deal on but I would want blue, 5 doors and 8 speed auto.

Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #1478 on: 13 November 2012, 13:25 »
Went to see one today

They have a white 3 door with no options in stock which they can do a deal on but I would want blue, 5 doors and 8 speed auto.

Its going to snow where you are esp as its rear wheel drive fun & games :grin: :grin:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1479 on: 13 November 2012, 14:35 »
i wouldnt use it over the winter anyway.

my golf is tucked up for the winter now and i dont know when it will be getting out again to be honest!

Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver