Author Topic: Bit quite on the mk4 front!  (Read 2882 times)

Offline lloydee

• Just got here
Re:Bit quite on the mk4 front!
« Reply #10 on: 02 November 2003, 22:44 »
Kniterider , Can you let me know the full e-mail address of the website where you can get hold of metal window regulator clips. My Mk4 GTI 20V non turbo has just dumped my drivers door window into the door and I want to fix the problem so it never happens again !

I've only just bought this car and joined the website and was over the moon with it till this happened , seems like many other MK4 owners have sufferred the same fate !

kniterider

« Reply #11 on: 03 November 2003, 20:25 »
yep common mk4 fault, go to your nearest vw garage and ask them to order a set, some one on the ukmk4 site got them from vw so they should be openly available, ill scan the mk4 site and try to get the part no.s, and check the parts when you get them, if there plastic dont accept them and ask for the metal ones.

Offline lloydee

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 17 November 2003, 13:48 »
Thanks Kniterider , went to my local VW dealer , had a good moan at them , which made me feel better.

Had a look at the regulators they had in stock and they had been modified with cast metal parts around the clips so I took the plunge ......? 59 quid each including VAT , which I thought wasn't too bad.

So I asked them why the price had seemed to come down from what I had seen quoted on this forum and at Euro car parts ( ?80 ) and they said the reason was because they had commisioned so many to be made, due to the fault ................ that's an admission of being at fault if I ever heard one !

kniterider

« Reply #13 on: 17 November 2003, 13:52 »
good glad you had a moan at em! its about time they recalled all the mk4's and replaced with metal clips! (as usa did!), well aleats theyed addressed the problem by selling the modified regulators! that reminds me must get mine done!