Author Topic: Satin black Polo its all gravy baby  (Read 33100 times)

dubcheryl

Re: The sheeny beast is not taking any more of my money!
« Reply #120 on: 05 November 2010, 13:02 »
Its going well, I'm now using it as chalk board, works really well!

The satin paint still really cool, but the only way to really wash it is to let the rain do it, but hey ho that works for me!

Only problem it scratches easily now on twigs and things easy enough to repair by putting another coat on :D

One thing different now, wheels have gone all black, due to cleaning issues  :laugh:
Cool, glad you replied as you may notice i'm currently doing mine (panel by panel)......

Do you know if there are any produts you can use on it... most that I am aware will just make the panels go chalky!  I have done a couple of trials and have failed.. .I think MER works ok and gives a waterproof coat, water beads etc..

Not sure im afraid, I just use soapy water and rinse it bloody well, rain works the best because after its been washed its quite patchy and streaky unless its been rinsed REALLY well! but the rain seems to get rid of that.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #121 on: 05 November 2010, 13:12 »
Its going well, I'm now using it as chalk board, works really well!

The satin paint still really cool, but the only way to really wash it is to let the rain do it, but hey ho that works for me!

Only problem it scratches easily now on twigs and things easy enough to repair by putting another coat on :D

One thing different now, wheels have gone all black, due to cleaning issues  :laugh:
Cool, glad you replied as you may notice i'm currently doing mine (panel by panel)......

Do you know if there are any produts you can use on it... most that I am aware will just make the panels go chalky!  I have done a couple of trials and have failed.. .I think MER works ok and gives a waterproof coat, water beads etc..

Not sure im afraid, I just use soapy water and rinse it bloody well, rain works the best because after its been washed its quite patchy and streaky unless its been rinsed REALLY well! but the rain seems to get rid of that.
  Ah well, at the moment water beads off the paint a it is but i know that won't last... I'll have a play but think MER is the answer for those that can be a*sed.  :grin:

By the way, still looks great!

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #122 on: 06 November 2010, 11:05 »
i like the low maintenance approach to cleaning!

do you still have your standard suspension? my mate has a polo with knackered shocks and can't afford new.

dubcheryl

« Reply #123 on: 06 November 2010, 12:23 »
i like the low maintenance approach to cleaning!

do you still have your standard suspension? my mate has a polo with knackered shocks and can't afford new.

Haha! me too!

no its on coilovers, I think they were around £200 new, just cheap ones but they are better than standard

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #124 on: 06 November 2010, 12:25 »
Polo still looking great.  :smiley: love the wheels!

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #125 on: 07 November 2010, 18:30 »
cheryl i've missed this one!  :embarassed:

looks great in satin black though  :cool:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline GrandMstRamRod

• I live here
« Reply #126 on: 22 December 2010, 00:43 »
reading this is so temping me to satin black my mk3!

ooooo do i or dont i!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #127 on: 22 December 2010, 01:10 »

ooooo do i or dont i!

It's more like questions such as does it need paint, would you miss its orignal colour, have you got somewhere to do it, can you afford a proper respray later if you don't like it later, I chose a really bad time to start mine!

Shaun

Offline GrandMstRamRod

• I live here
« Reply #128 on: 22 December 2010, 01:25 »

ooooo do i or dont i!

It's more like questions such as does it need paint, would you miss its orignal colour, have you got somewhere to do it, can you afford a proper respray later if you don't like it later, I chose a really bad time to start mine!

Shaun

yh see what you mean, but i might just roller original colour on car or matt black, but im fortunate to know a guy through my dad that worked for F1 for good 30 years painting the ferrari teams car's so always got a backup! and he is top notch paint guy!

dubcheryl

« Reply #129 on: 22 December 2010, 09:28 »
doo it! cheap and easy, and I still love mine, my cousin satin blacked his mk3 but with 'proper' paint, doesn't look half as good - use trade spray! :afro: