Author Topic: Kev's GTI PP DSG with OEM mods  (Read 167988 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Kev's GTI PP DSG with OEM mods
« Reply #40 on: 22 September 2014, 07:38 »
Ha, if we are ever in the same vicinity, i'd certainly help you with it Chris.
I certainly don't mind traveling anywhere having driven to Aberdeen in my tiguan to get colour clicks fitted. I could come to you Andrew no problem.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 22 September 2014, 08:24 »
Chris, get all the bit's that's needed together and make up the harnesses as per Kevin's instruction and we'll talk  :wink:

As per Kevin's shopping list, you will need to order the following from your local VW dealer (the wire and heat shrink tubing you can get from ebay or a hardware store). Don't bother with the door clips as I purchased quite a few for my Scirocco (which is the same part) and still have them left (on the off chance one of the clips snaps).

Light:..............1K0 947 411 A......1 per door
Plug:...............1J0 971 972.........1 per door
Repair wire:.....000 979 019 E......1 per door
Repair wire:.....000 979 009 E......1 per door
Repair wire:.....000 979 012 E......1 per door
Door card clip:..7L6 868 243.........3 per door
0.5mm2 Thin Wall wire:...............3m per door

VW loom tape
Shrink tubing
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 22 September 2014, 08:28 »
Kevin,

Out of interest, have you looked at going the same for the rear doors as well ?

I know the A3 has them, but looking at the wiring schematics, there are no rear door controllers in the doors unlike the fronts, and as my early A3 MQB wiring schematics don't for some strange reason include the rear doors, I'm unsure as to how the rear door lights on the A3 are wired up ?

I would guess we would need to pick up a connection from the coupling point (TTHR and TTHL) on the rear doors, assuming of course VW bothered to send the electrical wiring this far ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #43 on: 22 September 2014, 09:01 »
Kevin,

Out of interest, have you looked at going the same for the rear doors as well ?

I know the A3 has them, but looking at the wiring schematics, there are no rear door controllers in the doors unlike the fronts, and as my early A3 MQB wiring schematics don't for some strange reason include the rear doors, I'm unsure as to how the rear door lights on the A3 are wired up ?

I would guess we would need to pick up a connection from the coupling point (TTHR and TTHL) on the rear doors, assuming of course VW bothered to send the electrical wiring this far ?

Andrew,

Are you selecting the A3 or A3 sportback? The A3 is 3 door only so rear doors will not be shown in the wiring diagram. There are dedicated rear door controllers mounted in the rear door in the Sportback. The exit warning lights are powered by pin 12, in the 16 pin plug.
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #44 on: 22 September 2014, 09:17 »
The 16 pin plug uses the 009 repair wires too so the same list of parts should do the rear doors. Pin 13 is where I would go for the ground.
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 22 September 2014, 11:32 »
Doh........yes, had previously selected the A3 (not the sportback) - I wondered why the door controllers were not shown  :embarrassed:

Do you know the best place to download the wiring schematics for the Sportback please Kevin ?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 23 September 2014, 07:19 »
Just out of interest how much roughly did it cost to make the looms?

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 23 September 2014, 11:14 »
Seem to recall when I ordered my bits (which was when I had the Scirocco), all the parts including the lights themselves for both front doors came to just over the £30-£35 mark.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 23 September 2014, 11:17 »
Kevin and I have just discovered something strange. Whilst the front doors are really easy, I was looking to do the same mod in the rear doors. However when looking at the wiring schematics for the Golf 7 vs the A3 Sportback, as the A3 has from the factory a full suite of door open lights and ambient lighting available on certain models, they also (like the front doors) have their own door controllers installed.

The Golf 7 however, as it's not offered in any market with lights in the rear doors, doesn't even have a door controller fitted to either of the rear doors. This makes powering up the rear door reflector much more of a challenge.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #49 on: 23 September 2014, 12:34 »
If its the same as the tiguan which i had before then it is possible.