Author Topic: Who else...  (Read 13229 times)

Offline Lewy

• I live here
Who else...
« on: 28 May 2013, 12:55 »
...can't be arsed with this car sh1t anymore?

Offline brett

• I live here
Re: Who else...
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2013, 13:00 »
Not as interested as i was with the mk3 (was always looking for bits for it lol),but not sure if it's that i just enjoy driving the 4mo more,oh and paying off a holiday is putting a stop to anything else  :sad:

Any particular reason for you ?

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2013, 13:04 »
Have never lost interest and never will.

It is an effort to get things done these days but I will achieve!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline tobz.

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2013, 13:08 »
Haven't managed many shows for a while due to having a family now but I'll get back into it eventually.
Maintaining 4 vehicles does seem to be more of a chore these days, I've considered letting the mk2 go several times now but then I drive it again and those thoughts are quickly banished.
I only pop onto the forums very occasionally these days as I simply don't have the time.

You got any pics of your dad's split ?

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2013, 13:16 »
I can't be bothered anymore tbh. Not going any shows. Ain't done anything to the mk3 for ages even gunna put standard suspension back onit! My new interest is bikes!!
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Lewy

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2013, 14:09 »
Any particular reason for you ?

A lack of love for the VW thang...

Offline stfc_gti

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2013, 14:33 »
Got a company car a few months back, and although i'm happy to keep the golf as a run around car, I cant see me putting any more money into it, mod wise.
2002 1.8T GTI AUM, Standard (not for much longer)

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2013, 15:02 »
yes and no.

I enjoy working on it (At times, i.e. when its hot and something doesent go wrong) and enjoy driving it.

but at the same time, id rather spend my money on other stuff... snowboarding... mountain biking... holidays etc etc etc.

have a feeling ill keep the golf another year then be looking to sell, either get myself a boring diesel, have it maped so it has a bit of poke and then buy a weekend car such as Porsche, caterham etc.

also been toying with the idea of a track toy, was some mx5's at croft the other week, and although they were slow compared to the caterhams that were flying around in other races, the mx5s looked more fun so also been looking at mx5s and what options there are with regards to tracking them out, also been keeping my eyes on a few formula fords and stuff like that...

will have to see what happens. but I know how you feel, isn't the first time iv felt like this... but sure the vw bug will return...

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2013, 15:04 »
MEEEEE soo p1ssed off with because of other w4nkers. Yesterday a little girl threw a rock at the car and her mom says "i swear down theres no mark on the car" so my wife gets out and has a look and says was that there. I habe a look and there lkke 4 deep dots where the paint has chipped off. What could i say to the kid, the mother turned around and didnt even look at me. I was fuming inside and p1ssed of and just drove off. What can you do? Give me 500 squids as i need to respray tye whole car? :angry:

But then sometimes car puts a smile on my face. But as soon as iv cleaned it i find a new scratch or pin dent somewere.
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2013, 15:43 »
Never.....i find it very therapeutic working on my old golfs. Its my main hobby and always will be till the day I die. 

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0