Author Topic: M&S are Best!(for me at the time)  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
M&S are Best!(for me at the time)
« on: 11 December 2007, 23:10 »
Just thought I'd have my say on Marks & Spencer's Insurance, got it back in November with my MK 2 and they were cheapest for EVERY car I got a quote on (used moneysupermarket.com)
On my 1.6 Driver £780 p/a inc deposit and interest (monthly paid) for a new driver aged 25.
and yes I am aware that I'm a bit older than the average new driver  :tongue:
« Last Edit: 25 January 2008, 22:47 by Jayton »
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: M&S r Best!
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2007, 12:50 »
did you try HIC for this one? Was that TPFT or Comp?

just dont go trying to modify it or anything with them  :wink:

Glad you got a deal you were happy with though  :smiley:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2007, 19:45 »
Hey Martin,

I tried via the HIC website but it wouldn't give me any, just said to try call the office but it was closed the Sunday I absolutely needed my insurance  :sad: Think it had to do with the fact I was a new driver, yes I was 24 years old when I first passed my test  :embarassed:

What can you do for me next year if I still have no claims ?

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2007, 09:14 »
Yeah our website/online quotes were a load of rubbish and have now been removed from our website while they build our new one. It has been replaced with a form to fill in all your details which we can then print off and run through in the office as we have access to a lot more schemes than where available online. Its too early to give any idea of next year yet but i would expect us to be able to get you a good deal especially if you get yourself a years ncb.

Martin  :smiley:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #4 on: 26 December 2007, 21:45 »
Pitty  :sad: I think HIC would have lost more than just 1 or 2 people from the online quotes fiasco.

Offline kae

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 8V GTI - Almost Standard.....
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2007, 21:53 »
The HIC website quoted me stupid prices for insurance - 3 times the amount that my current insurer's (Direct Line) wanted.

Kae.
It if can't be achieved with brute force and ignorance, then the Haynes manual will have to be read!

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2007, 22:18 »
The HIC website quoted me stupid prices for insurance - 3 times the amount that my current insurer's (Direct Line) wanted.

Kae.

Yeah our website/online quotes were a load of rubbish and have now been removed from our website while they build our new one. It has been replaced with a form to fill in all your details which we can then print off and run through in the office as we have access to a lot more schemes than where available online.

:rolleyes: :lipsrsealed:

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 29 December 2007, 01:39 »
As martin said, dont mod your car whilst insured by them. Coz they just wont like it. My mate did something similar with norwich union, got his polo insured and didnt tell them it was modified then had a change of heart and went back and told them, they cancelled his policy immediately.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #8 on: 29 December 2007, 16:51 »
I'll be giving HIC a call when it's time to re-new :)

Specially 'cos I want to mod the car up (salary increase depending)  :grin:

Offline kae

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 8V GTI - Almost Standard.....
« Reply #9 on: 29 December 2007, 23:34 »

Kae.

Yeah our website/online quotes were a load of rubbish and have now been removed from our website while they build our new one. It has been replaced with a form to fill in all your details which we can then print off and run through in the office as we have access to a lot more schemes than where available online.

:rolleyes: :lipsrsealed:

Fair enough, but didn't help when I was searching for insurance at the start of December!

Kae.
It if can't be achieved with brute force and ignorance, then the Haynes manual will have to be read!