Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287499 times)

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1250 on: 11 July 2010, 17:05 »
yeah you missed loads, lewis got shunted up the arse by Alonso in the first corner and vettels car ended up on top of Hamiltons, Lewis was taken to hospital with a suspect broken neck and looks to be out for the rest of the season, safety car out, jenson wipes out with webber and Schuey took pole with Sutil 2nd and Barricello 3rd
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #1251 on: 11 July 2010, 21:32 »
just got back been down there since thursday what a cracking weekend
1st time at a f1 event loved it would definetly go again good race to :grin:

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1252 on: 12 July 2010, 01:14 »
that was ace. hamilton and button did well considering, webbers little dig was funny as , i  bet alonso's helmet was the only thing that stopped his head from bursting with anger!

kobyashi drove his ar5e off again , wouldn't suprise me if renault tried to snatch him up for next year.
« Last Edit: 12 July 2010, 07:46 by monkeyalan »

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1253 on: 12 July 2010, 10:09 »
just got back been down there since thursday what a cracking weekend
1st time at a f1 event loved it would definetly go again good race to :grin:

Was my fifth year going but this year was unbeleivable!
It was brilliant when vettle got the puncture and the crown just burst into laughter! Hamilton and Button got massive support from the crown! 

Fantastic year for Silverstone and the Brits  :grin: do have to say Webber deserved 1st, he was really pushing every lap

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline 2001gti4

• Here all the time
« Reply #1254 on: 12 July 2010, 10:35 »
that was ace. hamilton and button did well considering, webbers little dig was funny as , i  bet alonso's helmet was the only thing that stopped his head from bursting with anger!

kobyashi drove his ar5e off again , wouldn't suprise me if renault tried to snatch him up for next year.

Nah, I'd say Renault will be looking for a bigger player if their results continue to be solid this season. Yesterday not counted of course....
My Golf is dead but at least I have this....

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #1255 on: 12 July 2010, 10:53 »

Nah, I'd say Renault will be looking for a bigger player if their results continue to be solid this season. Yesterday not counted of course....

I reckon he will be a big player, but he'll be a journeyman, cant all be hamiltons an just burst out as a lifetime trained champion!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline Tramp

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1256 on: 12 July 2010, 12:03 »
I think in the end Vettel and Webber could well loose Red Bull the Constructers championship. Already they should be miles ahead if not for their Stupidity. Then Red Bull add fuel to the fire by esculating it with the front wing fiasco. The two drivers should be well ahead too.
Mclaren may not win many races but the two drivers are consistant at picking up points.

As for Alonso he thought he would walk the championship before the grand prix season started. Now Massa and he hate each other. Funny that. :rolleyes:

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1257 on: 12 July 2010, 12:29 »
I think in the end Vettel and Webber could well loose Red Bull the Constructers championship. Already they should be miles ahead if not for their Stupidity. Then Red Bull add fuel to the fire by esculating it with the front wing fiasco. The two drivers should be well ahead too.
Mclaren may not win many races but the two drivers are consistant at picking up points.

As for Alonso he thought he would walk the championship before the grand prix season started. Now Massa and he hate each other. Funny that. :rolleyes:

Are you really surprised Massa hates Alonso? Massa played second string to Schumacer then seemed on par with Rikonnen (just because Rikonnen didnt care anymore because he was so rich) then Massa has had to compete with one of the most talented drivers in the feild at the moment and he's playing second string again!

Red Bull should be way out ahead but the fact is there not. And its because they thought they would walk this season with vettle as the main man. When Webber really started being a title contender the team didnt expect it and didnt know how to react. So while Red Bull argue between themselfs every race the Mclaren boys are having some good FRIENDLY competition and with that are proving some very good consistant finishes  :smiley:

I think Red Bull deserve the Constuctors championship because of all there hard work but i dont think either driver deserves the Driver Championship because neither are mature enough. Vettle and Webber are both getting as bad as Alonso!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1258 on: 12 July 2010, 14:51 »
Since the accident Massa has been nowhere. He should really either raise his own bar and punch above his weight or retire. At the moment he's only just keeping his head above the water. Alonso IS expecting it all to be a walk in a park, but then again Ferrari has always been competitive and to suddenly enter a new team and be fighting with renaults and toro rossos must be frustrating. He's not had much luck this year either, engine problems, safety car scandals etc. In my openion Alonso is the best driver out there pound for pound, he's not the best at defending or attacking, but he is consistent and skilled in all areas.
Ferrari need to stop complaining as a team about everything and start actually developing the car properly and being competitive. At the end of the day, even the best of drivers (Schumacher) with bad cars can't do much about the raw speed of the redbulls and reliability of the mclaren.

Offline loki86

• Here all the time
« Reply #1259 on: 12 July 2010, 14:53 »

Are you really surprised Massa hates Alonso? Massa played second string to Schumacer then seemed on par with Rikonnen (just because Rikonnen didnt care anymore because he was so rich) then Massa has had to compete with one of the most talented drivers in the feild at the moment and he's playing second string again!

Red Bull should be way out ahead but the fact is there not. And its because they thought they would walk this season with vettle as the main man. When Webber really started being a title contender the team didnt expect it and didnt know how to react. So while Red Bull argue between themselfs every race the Mclaren boys are having some good FRIENDLY competition and with that are proving some very good consistant finishes  :smiley:

I think Red Bull deserve the Constuctors championship because of all there hard work but i dont think either driver deserves the Driver Championship because neither are mature enough. Vettle and Webber are both getting as bad as Alonso!
this is very true...vettle and webber dont deserve the driver championship. neither has the right kind of knowledge to be considered. they will be a little more apt. to getting it when they have consistently stayed the points lead and shown they can keep this pace up not just drive a car to the finish a couple of times.