Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 382702 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1610 on: 14 January 2013, 19:26 »
Oh my!! :drool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #1611 on: 14 January 2013, 21:19 »
nice...... :cool:

Now you have to join Porsche Club.....
http://www.porscheclubgb.com/
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #1612 on: 15 January 2013, 09:52 »
Parted exed my MK6 GTI on Saturday, replaced with a Mini R56 JCW.

After a long drive back from Scotland to Lincolnshire, i have to admit the GTI is a far better all rounder, but for the pure thrill of driving the JCW is a totally different car in every way for the better.

I would advise anyone who has never driven one to get on a good road for a fast drive, i guarantee you will not be disapointed. I just cant wait for some good dry weather to really test it out.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1613 on: 15 January 2013, 15:27 »

After a long drive back from Scotland to Lincolnshire, i have to admit the GTI is a far better all rounder, but for the pure thrill of driving the JCW is a totally different car in every way for the better.

I would advise anyone who has never driven one to get on a good road for a fast drive, i guarantee you will not be disapointed. I just cant wait for some good dry weather to really test it out.

I love these ^^^  :wink:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1614 on: 15 January 2013, 22:59 »

Pics or it ain't true..... :wink:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #1615 on: 16 January 2013, 11:25 »
Ill get some pics up this weekend, as long as im not under 10 foot of snow, and abit more of a write up on how it drives when i hopefully get it on a dry road.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1616 on: 16 January 2013, 11:46 »
Interested to see how you like it once the weather improves and you get to drive it properly

I've fancied one of these for ages

My local dealer just sold their demo but have a new black and red demo coming soon so I might have a test drive.

Not long till the new Clio sport comes out too. Really interested to see what this will be like. The auto box puts me off but there's never been a bad hot Clio yet so it will have to be good!

Seriously toying with the idea of a 2yr old Clio 200 for track duty.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #1617 on: 16 January 2013, 14:20 »
My brother in law has a Clio 200 cup, great drive, but you have to rev the nuts off it all the time. Which can be a little wearing after a while.

Im looking forward to some good dry weather do give the JCW a good blast round the Lincs roads, seriously impressed so far though.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1618 on: 16 January 2013, 17:36 »

Glad you are enjoying the new mini but what does a R56 version mean? Also did you get the tail lights recoded ok?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1619 on: 16 January 2013, 18:17 »
Glad you are enjoying the new mini but what does a R56 version mean? Also did you get the tail lights recoded ok?

Codes for the version of mini
http://www.motoringfile.com/2009/02/23/ask-mf-r53-r56-r60-what-does-it-mean/

1st Gen MINI

R50: One & MC Coupe
    R52: All 1st Gen MINI Convt.
    R53: MCS Coupe

2nd Gen MINI

R55: Clubman
    R56: One/MC/MCS Coupe
    R57: One/MC/MCS Convt.
    R60: MINI SUV
« Last Edit: 16 January 2013, 18:45 by p3asa »
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14