Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789574 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #590 on: 02 November 2014, 13:54 »
I "think" the full width brakelight isn't done from the factory for safety reasons I.e. A contrast between the normal taillights brightness and the brakelight brightness.

As it is from the factory it's clear to see when the brakelights are on as they are brighter than the surrounding lights, however if they all light at the same brightness together, it might be more difficult in an instant judgement situation for the car behind you to instantly make up their mind as to whether you are brakeing or not (especially if they didn't notice them illuminate in the first place).

Like I said its only a theory.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #591 on: 02 November 2014, 15:56 »
Anyone know if the inner Golf 7R drl can be made brighter to match the outer?  Thanks.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #592 on: 02 November 2014, 16:20 »
Sootchucker - and it was your idea!  Joking apart, not quite with you there, are you suggesting this mod is less safe than the factory set-up - I thought the whole point of it was that the converse is true - the mod provides additional brake lighting as I understand it (uitilizing the inner part of the clusters affixed to the tailgate) - surely additional lighting is better in terms of contrast with the normal unbraked look? The factory set-up only provides brake lights to the outer mounted part of the cluster
« Last Edit: 02 November 2014, 16:26 by Mark V GTD »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #593 on: 02 November 2014, 18:48 »
Is there a mod to make the indicators LEDs pulse towards the direction of the turn on the rear cluster? Saw this on an Audi A5 tonight and it looked amazing.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #594 on: 02 November 2014, 19:12 »
I "think" the full width brakelight isn't done from the factory for safety reasons I.e. A contrast between the normal taillights brightness and the brakelight brightness.

I initially thought that as well after I activated the mod but then you have the high level brake light so that removes all doubt.

The small outer part just lighting up when you brake without the rear lights on just looks poor compared to the whole thing lighting up.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #595 on: 02 November 2014, 22:29 »
Like I said it was only a theory  :laugh: :laugh:

Also, i just post up VCDS tweaks as i find them, i might try them but don't always use them. :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #596 on: 04 November 2014, 23:09 »
Not seen this one mentioned but here is a tweak that when the main beam is activated (either by the flash or full main beam), the front LED fogs come on as well. I tried this out last night and it works really well. The main beam of the Xenon headlights gives a super strong and focused beam into the distance, and the front fogs very nicely illuminate the area to the front and sides of the car. When dipping for on coming traffic, the fogs just switch off in tandem with the main beam. When travelling at speed on unilluminated country roads, it really does light the whole road up for you.

Remember if you do this on a GTI or GTD, then as we have LED front fogs, don't forget to change the illumination value to 127 not 100 (which is for halogen fogs).

Anyway here it is (credit to DV52 over at the vwwatercooled.com.au and vwvortex.com forums).

VCDS Tweak - Fog Light (and High Beam) "Flasher"

From the main screen select 09-Cent. Elect
    When the BMC screen opens, select Security Access-16
    Enter the magic number 31347
    When the main BCM screen returns, select Adaptation-10
    Change the settings in adaptation channels shown in the two Tables below to the "New Value":

Tried this out today and while it works flashing someone (really cool) it wouldn't work on the main full beam which is quite disappointing as that is what I would have mostly wanted it for.

Did it work both ways for you Sootchucker?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #597 on: 05 November 2014, 16:27 »
Just been out to check bud and yes, you are right. It works with the headlights on or off in "flash" mode, but doesn't work when on permanent main beam.

I'll have a mooch about and see if I can find any further coding.

Offline valvebounce

• Not said much yet
« Reply #598 on: 05 November 2014, 22:43 »
Good find Sootchucker. 'Lichthupe generell' means headlight flasher so it's working as expected. If you want the fogs on at the same time as constant high beam, in the table select 'Left high beam' and 'right high beam' respectively, instead of 'Lichthupe generell'.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #599 on: 06 November 2014, 08:53 »
OK, once again thanks to the amazing DV52 over at the Australian VWwatercooled.com.au forum, apparently here's the coding to make the front fog lights come on with standard main beam (i.e. not just on the flash setting).

I have to say, I've only just seen it and haven't tried it myself yet.