Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789680 times)

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #300 on: 13 January 2014, 21:11 »
Sorr i'm an iKnowNot (non iperson) :P

I'm sure someone somewhere is doing/inventing this. (As far as i know, not easily done on android in cars, unlesss you are running a CMS stylee with a similar version of android etc...)

Probably not too far away from this tech.
Ooo ooooo  http://youtu.be/5nLulP4uV1A  :laugh: :nerd:
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #301 on: 13 January 2014, 21:13 »
Nicely found!! :)
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #302 on: 14 January 2014, 18:09 »
Dimming DRLs on Turn Indication

Hi Guys

Saw this over at Briskoda, gave it a go and appears to work as described!

To achieve:

Go to [09] Central Electronics
Go to Security Access and enter 31347

Go to adaptation channels and set the following (they're quite far down the list):

Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2 to "Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)"
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert to 35   
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2 to "minimize"   

Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3 to "Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)"   
Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert GH 3 to 35   
Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction GH 3 to "minimize"

That's it. Now when DRLs are on, each side will fade to a lower brightness when the indicator is active and return to full brightness afterwards.

Video available here: http://youtu.be/UYPRE_vw6Vw.

Not too easy to see at night, so will repeat tomorrow in the day. I like it!

Thanks to triumph61 over at Briskoda.net: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/229766-vcds-adaptations-how-do-i/page-2

« Last Edit: 14 January 2014, 18:21 by jivemonkey »
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #303 on: 15 January 2014, 08:27 »
Jivemonkey, as you seem to have taken up the baton (whether you wanted it or not  :grin: :grin:) as resident VCDS guru, I was just wondering if in your tinkering, you had seen a way to activate the climate controls appearing briefly on Infotainment screen when changing a setting, like it was on the MK6 / Scirocco's.

After having spent nearly 3 years with the Scirocco, changing a setting on the climatronic unit was a breeze, as it was displayed big and bold in real time on the nav screen (plus it looked cool as hell). I find the smaller digital readouts and LED lights a little harder to read at a quick glance when driving, and would much prefer it if the graphic that's displayed when pushing the middle dials "Setup" button, can be shown for 5 seconds or so each time an adjustment is made. Do you think this is possible ?

I'm not too sure if what I am after is already done on the new Octavia III, as reading through the Columbus Infotainment pdf manual I downloaded, at the end, there is a picture showing the graphic I mentioned above, and the text below says:

"If Climatronic is switched on, the system displays the desired temperature for the driver's side and front passenger side on the screen» Fig. 48. Depending on the desired temperature, the airflow from the air outlet vents is shown in blue (temperature under 21.5 °C) or red (temperature above 22 °C).
When using Climatronic in automatic mode, AUTO is shown on the screen".

It seems to infer (although I could be wrong), that on the Occy, the graphic shows on screen whenever an adjustment is made ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #304 on: 15 January 2014, 11:10 »
Jivemonkey, as you seem to have taken up the baton (whether you wanted it or not  :grin: :grin:) as resident VCDS guru, I was just wondering if in your tinkering, you had seen a way to activate the climate controls appearing briefly on Infotainment screen when changing a setting, like it was on the MK6 / Scirocco's.

After having spent nearly 3 years with the Scirocco, changing a setting on the climatronic unit was a breeze, as it was displayed big and bold in real time on the nav screen (plus it looked cool as hell). I find the smaller digital readouts and LED lights a little harder to read at a quick glance when driving, and would much prefer it if the graphic that's displayed when pushing the middle dials "Setup" button, can be shown for 5 seconds or so each time an adjustment is made. Do you think this is possible ?

I'm not too sure if what I am after is already done on the new Octavia III, as reading through the Columbus Infotainment pdf manual I downloaded, at the end, there is a picture showing the graphic I mentioned above, and the text below says:

"If Climatronic is switched on, the system displays the desired temperature for the driver's side and front passenger side on the screen» Fig. 48. Depending on the desired temperature, the airflow from the air outlet vents is shown in blue (temperature under 21.5 °C) or red (temperature above 22 °C).
When using Climatronic in automatic mode, AUTO is shown on the screen".

It seems to infer (although I could be wrong), that on the Occy, the graphic shows on screen whenever an adjustment is made ?

Hi Sootchucker - I share your view of the LED temperature indicators, these are both too small and low down to be looking at whilst driving, and could be much improved by what you have referenced from the Octavia and Mk 6.

From what you've posted it certainly looks like it's something that is done on the Octavia, but whether this is transferrable to the Mk 7 is another matter. My feeling is that unless this is clearly labelled in an adaptation or coding tweak (hopeful!), then we're going to be knackered. I've managed to source a Octavia III auto scan and can see some similarities in the long coding, so will check these out and have a play in the adaptations and see what I can come up with. I think RS have lables for this module so should be a fairly definitive answer I'd think.

There seems to have been a drop in momentum from the guys trying to investigate the unfold on unlock, hope they come back!

Unbelievable how many little tweaks you can do in the central electrics module..going to start adding more to my site soon as I come across them  :grin:
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #305 on: 15 January 2014, 11:35 »

There seems to have been a drop in momentum from the guys trying to investigate the unfold on unlock, hope they come back!

Unbelievable how many little tweaks you can do in the central electrics module..going to start adding more to my site soon as I come across them  :grin:

Sorry - life got in the way, darn that life malarky - not back home till tomorrow night, and left my cable / laptop there :9 boohoooo!!

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #306 on: 15 January 2014, 11:39 »

Sorry - life got in the way, darn that life malarky - not back home till tomorrow night, and left my cable / laptop there :9 boohoooo!!

Haha, not to worry, my cable is in the glovebox and MacBook in the back at all times..you never know when a quick tweak's in order  :nerd:

I think we're still awaiting some long code shots from a post-45 car, so you're not missing out...yet :laugh:

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #307 on: 15 January 2014, 11:46 »
got them on email! :)  - i need to push em up here :)

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #308 on: 15 January 2014, 11:49 »
got them on email! :)  - i need to push em up here :)

Ohhhh...are they the ones for the door controllers?

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #309 on: 15 January 2014, 12:11 »
yup! very little in there!!