Author Topic: Michelin PS4s tyres - hard to find!  (Read 3114 times)

Offline MadCommuter

• Not said much yet
Michelin PS4s tyres - hard to find!
« on: 20 May 2022, 18:27 »
I’m having trouble sourcing any Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 225/35/19 XL 88Y . 

Are these being phased out ?  Are the 5s’s inbound soon?

Best I’ve found is Costco at about £157 plus £9 fitting each.  I’m not a Costco member though but May have to join up unless I can find a better deal.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
Re: Michelin PS4s tyres - hard to find!
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2022, 13:22 »
I got the 235's from Formula 1 online then fitted at local depot.
You won't be disappointed
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2022, 09:16 »
I had a quick look at a few tyre websites yesterday when I had a quiet few minutes before mowing my clover and moss patch (some people have lawns, I have something downgraded from that!) and you’re right. In that size there seems to be a dearth of choices now. Not just a lack of Michelins but a lack of many choices.

A pain in the derrière if you just want one or two tyres but a good excuse to get 235s if you want four.
Even in 235/35/19 the PS4S seem to have gone up £20+ a corner since I bought mine 16 months ago.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MadCommuter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2022, 17:26 »
I like the idea of the 235’s but the problem I have is that I’m just looking for 2 fronts to replace some old
Budgets that came with the car.  The rear has 2 decent 225/35 PS4s’s.  I may have to stump up for Costco membership as they’ve the best deal I’ve found so far.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2022, 18:13 »
MC, in your position if you are considering going for 235 all round at some point, i wouldn't feel too bad about running them on the front for now. Audi have run slightly wider fronts on the RS3 to reduce understeer from inception.
The only issue is the 225 rears may well outlast the new fronts as they (the rear tyres) do far less work.

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2022, 22:51 »
I had a quick look at a few tyre websites yesterday when I had a quiet few minutes before mowing my clover and moss patch (some people have lawns, I have something downgraded from that!) and you’re right. In that size there seems to be a dearth of choices now. Not just a lack of Michelins but a lack of many choices.

A pain in the derrière if you just want one or two tyres but a good excuse to get 235s if you want four.
Even in 235/35/19 the PS4S seem to have gone up £20+ a corner since I bought mine 16 months ago.

Evergreen 4 in 1 for the lawn! Works wonders
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 09 June 2022, 07:56 »
I had a quick look at a few tyre websites yesterday when I had a quiet few minutes before mowing my clover and moss patch (some people have lawns, I have something downgraded from that!)

Evergreen 4 in 1 for the lawn! Works wonders

Or get a firm in. We had moss, clover and dandelion patch at our previous house. We had a lawn care company that came round and treated it with potions every 6-8 weeks or so for £20 a visit.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 09 June 2022, 09:02 »
Just treated with 4 in 1 yesterday. Not as satisfying as finding ps4s though.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Online willni

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 09 June 2022, 12:59 »
They are French so we can't rule out a strike as a possibility, I noticed the shortage started about April time.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/