Author Topic: Other interesting cars you own  (Read 8291 times)

Offline Dazie00

• Not said much yet
Other interesting cars you own
« on: 25 April 2022, 12:32 »
Hi Guys
Thought this might be interesting to see what other cars  people have as toys.
 Ive got a 205CTI which is 32 years old now!

« Last Edit: 25 April 2022, 12:41 by Dazie00 »
GTI PP, Leather, Pan roof, Rev Camera, Keyless , MIB2

Gone but not forgotten
GTI 5 Man
R 7 DSG stage 1
GTI 5 DSG
RS4 B7
GTI 4 1.8T
GTI 3
GTI 1 CAB

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Other interesting cars you own
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2022, 13:27 »
Wow! What a cool little CTI  :cool:
I’m sure Yusee will be along shortly

I don’t own anything else interesting but it’ll be good to see who owns what alongside their trusty Golf.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2022, 19:00 »
@Dazie00; that looks a real stunner. Great for a nostalgia trip on a warm sunny day.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2022, 19:30 »
Nice looking CTi, you have to love a red droptop on a sunny day, why drive a Golf? :)

« Last Edit: 25 April 2022, 19:56 by clubsport »

Offline Markee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2022, 20:24 »
Very nice CTI.

No other interesting rides for me either. A few years back i had this aspiration of buying a house with a big double garage so i could have a little project car to tinker with. I have the house, i have the big double garage, i have no project car! Both Golf's live outside due to the amount of crap that's in the garage, the joys of living with 3 females who like to hoard stuff...........'just in case'. Still, i'm biding my time until the mother-in-law departs this earth so i can have a good clear out, maybe then the aspiration will be complete lol.
A chequered previous car history (mainly blue oval, sorry) prior to owning Golf's.
2001 mk4 TDI - died at some traffic lights due to someone not stopping!
2000 mk4 GTD - a dog of a car, sold to WBAC in limp mode!
2000 mk4 1.8T - most fun i've had in a Golf (until now) but nearly cost me my licence!
2020 mk7.5 Tornado Red TCR - current ride.

Offline mb

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 25 April 2022, 21:04 »
An e-Up!

Got it on a lease deal to use for commuting. Had it just over a month now

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2022, 22:32 »
@Dazie, fantastic! The perfect pair- mk7 golf and old school pug 205 GTIs.

I have an 88 F 1.9.. what a car!

Both keepers for me.

Added to the collection of “ keepers” yesterday, not a car but this…

This really is a toy. The 205 I put to good use, not sure I can find use for this.

That’s me done now, for interesting vehicles to keep- not least because the wife will throw me out.

Nice looking 205, Dazie. Seems to have had a wheel change?

2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 25 April 2022, 22:50 »
Ok it’s the wife’s not mine but her 6 year old (2016) Polo Blue GT which I still drive at least once a week and she still absolutely loves

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline JMS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 26 April 2022, 17:05 »
Family wagon is an XC90 hybrid. Hardly ‘interesting’ but the 2litre 4-pot is both turbocharged and supercharged with 310 bhp, and the electric motor adds another 97 bhp.

400+ bhp and 0-60 in 5 seconds in a 2.5tonne 7-seater is what makes it interesting!  :laugh:

I bought the golf to replace a 997.2 911 (summer car) and Kia Rio (winter car) as the 911 was barely being used and seemed wasted having all that cash just sitting in the garage, plus the kids have got too big for the back.  :cry:

Got to say - in a straight line the Golf is probably quicker than the 911, just no fun in the twisties.
Previous Dubs now sold:
- Manual Mk7 CSG PP, stg1, RS3 bushes, 26mm RARB & a lot of carnauba.
- DSG mkV R32, black with even more carnauba
- Manual Corrado VR6, dragon green
- Manual Polo G40 - Tornado red, Jabbasport ported charger
- Mk2 Big Bumper 8v GTI, Calypso blue

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 26 April 2022, 17:56 »

A few years back i had this aspiration of buying a house with a big double garage so i could have a little project car to tinker with. I have the house, i have the big double garage, i have no project car! Both Golf's live outside due to the amount of crap that's in the garage

Similar story for me, spent my life striving to get the house with double garage, had it all planned to get the garage painted and kitted out with decent lighting to detail and work on the cars.
By the time I’d got the house, the garage ended up filled with crap (kids amassing stuff before moving out, then moving back in again, then moving out again ad infinitum) and I just can’t muster the enthusiasm for the cars anymore. For years I spent whole days at weekends washing and waxing, nowadays even a two hour wash and vacuum seems like a major chore!
Instead I cut my working hours right back and decided I just want to retire ASAP even if it means a smaller house and crap car. At least that would stop the kids moving back in…  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner