Author Topic: MY23…..  (Read 10955 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: MY23…..
« Reply #10 on: 25 April 2022, 19:22 »
And more processing power in the infotainment system to improve response times  :smiley: but no more dials or lights :angry: .Is this German obstinacy in spite of criticism. I note that Peugeot are catching golf sales Europe wide.

The new Peugeot 308 and it’s Vauxhall Astra sibling look pretty good and may well tempt would-be Golf buyers, and Vauxhall’s current design language is a definite step in the right direction compared to previous generation cars IMHO. Not sure if there’s going to be a GTI version of the 308 (Vauxhall doesn’t have a performance version of the Astra) to compete against the Golf GTI, but for the non-performance Golf buyer, both the 308 and Astra may well be worthy of consideration. The new Astra also has more driver-friendly controls (less so in the 308) than the mk8 Golf which would appeal to some more mature drivers.

Depreciation may be the killer though if previous generation cars are anything to go by.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Bluto

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 26 April 2022, 21:48 »
New stitching and GTI logo’s in the seats  :cool:

Well I was a bit perplexed by VW when I first saw the interior of the Mk8 GTI and noticed the lack of GTI stitched logos on the front seats.  Only for it to appear as a feature of the Edition 45.  Personally I was expecting GTI stitching to be standard on all Mk8 GTIs with the CS 45 getting something a little more special. 

Oh well, a small welcome addition, but I agree with others that backlit heating controls would've been great.
Mk6 GTI | Candy White | Manual | DCC | Dynaudio | Cruise | Winter Pack | Lux Pack | Rear Camera & F/R Parking Sensors

Mk8 GTI Clubsport | Pure White | DCC | Black Estorils | HUD | a fair few options

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 27 April 2022, 17:17 »
New stitching and GTI logo’s in the seats  :cool:

Well I was a bit perplexed by VW when I first saw the interior of the Mk8 GTI and noticed the lack of GTI stitched logos on the front seats.  Only for it to appear as a feature of the Edition 45.  Personally I was expecting GTI stitching to be standard on all Mk8 GTIs with the CS 45 getting something a little more special. 

Oh well, a small welcome addition, but I agree with others that backlit heating controls would've been great.

Sat in my first MK 8 GTI at weekend and liked the looks, no problem there and even on sitting in it was ok with the screen arrangement aesthetically when did not think would be (though did not navigate it in anyway) but the bit that struggled with was that spartan center area, would personally really miss the DSG lever, in looks and the feeling of engagement it gives you, it also is nicely engineered as a center piece.

Think VW do need to come back to center more and add some more dials and levers, as going the Tesla way is way too off center for me.

Overall liked it much more than thought, but little too spartan for me personally.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 27 April 2022, 20:21 »
I originally thought that about the gear lever too, and thought I would have preferred one, HOWEVER….

Today my car has been in for a new antenna, I was given a Passat estate DSG as a courtesy car, it was a 71 reg and is basically a 7.5 golf interior without the digital cockpit… it felt so old fashioned after getting used to the golf 8. There’s nothing fundamentally wrong with it and you’ll never miss what you’ve not had, but it did make me appreciate how things have moved on.

The thing I find most annoying on the 8 is not what’s missing from the centre, it’s what’s there…. the AC vents, I find them too low down and a little tricky to get the correct angle and the air flow seems so aggressive. I just get them set how I like them after 5 days of little tweaks, then my missus gets in on a Saturday and adjusts them :rolleyes:
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 30 April 2022, 12:39 »
Hi Lee

Dropped you an email and I am happy to give uploading a go to get the MY changes on the forum

thanks

Andy
2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red
2016 Golf R 3dr Manual, Lapiz Blue
2013 Polo BlueGT 3dr, Blue Silk
2007 Polo GTI 3dr, Diamond Black

Offline massimo23

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 02 May 2022, 21:58 »
Looking at the new options for Golf 8 MY23 I see the following:
WJA: GTI performance pack for GTI Clubsport.
Is this not available in the UK market?
I see it available for Irish market as an option for Clubsport and standard on the Clubsport 45.
« Last Edit: 02 May 2022, 22:06 by massimo23 »

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 04 May 2022, 17:48 »
With thanks to Lee for info, here is the GTI MY23 update (along with other Golf update news).

2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 04 May 2022, 17:52 »
With thanks to Lee here is the info on GTI Seats you have been waiting for:

2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 04 May 2022, 19:23 »
Hmm, the steering wheel already has red stitching, so its just the GTI badge on the seats.

The "high gloss" on the centre console sounds good, should help make that area of the centre console look a bit more premium (but also very scratch prone). Should be a simple retrofit too if you wanted it...

And if I read that right, lane assist / side assist will be optional rather than standard?
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 04 May 2022, 20:13 »
Ha ha. I knew someone would get excited and think Lane Assist was on the option list.

Sorry to disappoint you but look again at page 1 Golf 8 standard specification.
They have added lane assist with rear traffic assist and exit warning as standard. Sorry
2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red