Author Topic: Today was a good day......  (Read 2047 times)

Offline buttons

• Not said much yet
Today was a good day......
« on: 07 December 2021, 11:26 »
no longer do i have the pleasure of driving a car that dings at you every 30 seconds because something isnt working....... Ive been looking forward to this day for a while, bye bye Golf!!

MK8 GTi: Adelaide 19", DCC, Winter Pack, Rear Camera and sh!t loads of software issues! ;-)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Today was a good day......
« Reply #1 on: 07 December 2021, 13:14 »
Well, at least you managed to catch the car from its best angle for the photo.

Err, congrats?

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 07 December 2021, 13:26 »
Good timing... the TPI is almost certainly released this week to fix them all  :whistle:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Relishy57

« Reply #3 on: 07 December 2021, 13:34 »
I hope so Fred,
Mine has had a few ‘issues’ this week, it’s going backwards, is it the cold weather? I think we have waited long enough!

Offline buttons

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 07 December 2021, 14:13 »
Good timing... the TPI is almost certainly released this week to fix them all  :whistle:

too little, too late.
Doubt it will change the attitude of the dealer though.

Its my own fault for moving to VW and expecting it to be at the same level as BMW, my bad.
Its been a learning curve as they say though so not all bad :-)
MK8 GTi: Adelaide 19", DCC, Winter Pack, Rear Camera and sh!t loads of software issues! ;-)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5 on: 07 December 2021, 15:26 »
I hope so Fred,
Mine has had a few ‘issues’ this week, it’s going backwards, is it the cold weather? I think we have waited long enough!

Yeah the cold certainly isn't helping. Its definitely worse in the cold!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 07 December 2021, 16:25 »

Oh please god let this be true..!
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 07 December 2021, 17:15 »

too little, too late.
Doubt it will change the attitude of the dealer though.

Its my own fault for moving to VW and expecting it to be at the same level as BMW, my bad.
Its been a learning curve as they say though so not all bad :-)
You have a lot of learning curves yet to explore if you consider BMW products to be of a higher overall quality than VAG  :smiley: have fun!

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 07 December 2021, 18:01 »
It’s a real shame that you didn’t like the car. Good luck with your new bmw whatever it is. Sounds like you’ll love it.

I do find it funny that you chose Buttons as your forum name for a Golf. Sorry!  :whistle:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline skippy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 07 December 2021, 20:17 »
As mentioned, that was a real shame that those problems have tarnished your brief ownership of the Golf.  Nearly 11 years back now we bought a brand new Polo GTI with the 1.4 Twin charge engine, for those in the know, some of these early cars had problematic engines with excessive oil consumption.

When pulling away I would notice clouds of blue smoke out the exhaust, and on checking the dipstick, there was nothing showing!

Cut a long story short, we persevered and eventually after 18 months, VW replaced the engine under warranty. It was not a great experience to get a new car and have that happen, but we still own it today and very happy with it.

But yes, I think any new major revision to a car (or whatever the product is), will show bugs or some kind of manufacturing defect, but I guess your MK8 car must have had worse issues than those detailed on the forum. Better luck with your next car though.

MK7.5 2020, Isaac Blue, standard spec

Gone but certainly not forgotten Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TSI