Author Topic: What's a reasonable mileage on used GTI PP these days?  (Read 2118 times)

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: What's a reasonable mileage on used GTI PP these days?
« Reply #10 on: 07 December 2021, 15:41 »
Get previous owner contact details from a dealer

What with GDPR nowadays you'll be lucky to get anything with the previous owners details on.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 07 December 2021, 16:54 »
Hey everyone,

As my search of a MK7.5 continues, I'm seeing 2019 cars with anything from 5k to 40k on them.  This has lead me to ask myself the question of what is considered to be a reasonable mileage for 2.5-3 year old cars in these recent times of home working and lockdowns.  Google suggests 6-7k per year, which is about right for my personal situation, but is that really realistic.

My eye has just been drawn to another car thats up for sale that I had originally overlooked due to colour (originally only wanted Indium Grey) and mileage.  It's a good spec in Deep Black but I don't really know anything about the history yet.

So, whats peoples opinions of an April 2019 GTI PP DSG with 31k on the clock?
Would you move along given that others are out there with less mileage or give it a proper look?

It's been a while since I bought my Mk6 and a lot has changed in the market so any perspective/clarity is most appreciated.  :smiley:

Cheers!

I know where there is a cracking GTI PP  on a 70 plt with 6134 miles on clock in superb condition and for 4500 of those miles it wasn’t thrashed once it only ever had shell premium fuel in. I can say this because it’s the car I traded for my clubby
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline KieranD79

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 07 December 2021, 17:03 »

I know where there is a cracking GTI PP  on a 70 plt with 6134 miles on clock in superb condition and for 4500 of those miles it wasn’t thrashed once it only ever had shell premium fuel in. I can say this because it’s the car I traded for my clubby

Hmm, would that be Pure White by chance?
2019 Mk7.5 GTI PP, DSG, Indium Grey, Arts Velour, 90% tints, Brescia’s

Gone but not forgotten - 2012 Mk6 GTI, Manual, Carbon Grey, Leather, RNS510 Nav, Bi-xenons, Glendale’s, Lux Pack, Cruise

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 07 December 2021, 19:22 »

Hmm, would that be Pure White by chance?
Haha and the winner is….. yep that’s the one probably Kieran, I forgot to mention that whoever buys it will also have a £600 universal traffic recorder ( dash cam)  in it unless they have taken it out
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline skippy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 07 December 2021, 20:22 »

What with GDPR nowadays you'll be lucky to get anything with the previous owners details on.

That is so true, when I PX'd my Scirocco for my Golf, I asked the dealer a few weeks later if they could tell me where in the country my car landed up. They would not even tell me the region (North, east, south or West) because of GDPR.  :rolleyes:
MK7.5 2020, Isaac Blue, standard spec

Gone but certainly not forgotten Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TSI

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 08 December 2021, 12:48 »

That is so true, when I PX'd my Scirocco for my Golf, I asked the dealer a few weeks later if they could tell me where in the country my car landed up. They would not even tell me the region (North, east, south or West) because of GDPR.  :rolleyes:

The penalties for data breaches are significant. Maximum of £17.5m or 4% of turnover, whichever is greater so as most dealerships are group owned, there is zero chance because of this compliance risk. I'm not saying they'd face this over something like revealing where your car is in the country but if there is cause for investigation, it could open up to penalty. Easier to message to the business that anything relating to customer data is verboten.
« Last Edit: 08 December 2021, 12:49 by AGB »
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 08 December 2021, 14:47 »
Yet any old Tom, Dick or Harriet purporting to be from Parking Eye etc. can have the data in minutes!!!
Go figure :evil:
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 08 December 2021, 21:14 »
Regulation 27 of the Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 13 December 2021, 09:39 »
Buy on condition and history how the car has covered those miles I would 100% buy a car with motorway miles than a garage queen had 2 GTi's a  now mk6 dsg purchased on 14k miles sold on 90k it's now on 140k still all original parts never missed a beat.
Ran better and produced more power on dynos at 70k plus than when I had it!
My miles are mostly all motorway and b roads.
Current 7.5 GTi performance owned from new 2018 march done 61k runs better than when it was new.
At 70mph it is doing about 1600-1700rpm 7 speed dsg

These engines will run forever if well maintained then there is the ultra low mileage cars some have only been
Used and when taken out driven hard for short periods.

Each to there own but how the miles are covered and the car has been looked after would be my top priority when buying used.

Never let mileage put you off a well maintained GTI.

Also tyres brand on the car is a giveaway as to how it's been looked after cheap tyres uncaring owner imo.

« Last Edit: 13 December 2021, 12:13 by davo245 »
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI