Author Topic: What are you paying for your clubsport?  (Read 2636 times)

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
What are you paying for your clubsport?
« on: 30 November 2021, 19:18 »
What kind of PCP deals have people been able to secure? Looking at a new CS or a new 135i but can't make up my mind between the two. Wondering what the PCPs are looking like on CS'
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: What are you paying for your clubsport?
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2021, 19:38 »
Put a quote request into drive the deal... And use vw's website for a pcp quote on list price.

That's best case vs worse case.

You are looking at almost a year for either to arrive though, maybe more.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline theminty1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2021, 07:58 »
A quick question for a PCP noob. Never had it before. So the plan is to order and pay it off(withdraw) within a couple of weeks if possible. So the question is when exactly do you need to pay it off when you have to wait a year for the car. I had a wee snoop on vw website but couldnt see any info on this.

On the configurator i dont see the option for a black roof. Is that sorted out at the dealer?
And when will the colour choice get brighter  :undecided:
 :smiley:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2021, 08:25 »
The take pcp but pay it off immediately thing is only worth doing if vw are offering deposit contributions.

If they aren't then you just pay cash and be done with it.

If you are going down the route of pay it off, you pay it off in the first 7 days after delivery (or there abouts) under your right to withdraw from a finance agreement. Check the paperwork for the number of days.

Black roof for the CS isn't on the configurator yet, its part of the December changes.

As for colours... welcome to fifty shades of meh
« Last Edit: 01 December 2021, 09:11 by fredgroves »
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #4 on: 01 December 2021, 09:19 »
Its normally a 14 day cooling off period. I recall seeing that in my finance agreement. Your first payment will be 1 month after you take delivery of the car and I think the 14 days will kick in from when you sign the paperwork (normally a day or two earlier than collection).

Current PCP numbers probably aren't reflective of certainly what I paid. I got a fairly heavily discounted car and put a bit of money in myself and pay £444/month over 48 months with 10k miles per year.

Hope this helps?
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 01 December 2021, 11:26 »
The take pcp but pay it off immediately thing is only worth doing if vw are offering deposit contributions.

If they aren't then you just pay cash and be done with it.

Agree.

However, if VW aren’t offering a deposit contribution but are offering other incentives such as a free - or cheap - service plan, IMHO it might still worth taking the PCP and paying it off immediately to keep the benefit of those other incentives.

A quick question for a PCP noob. Never had it before. So the plan is to order and pay it off(withdraw) within a couple of weeks if possible. So the question is when exactly do you need to pay it off when you have to wait a year for the car. I had a wee snoop on vw website but couldnt see any info on this.

@theminty1; I took the PCP last year when I bought my car to get the benefit of the deposit contribution and cheap service plan, and I withdrew from the PCP contact within the 14 day cooling off period. From my own experience, it was a pretty straightforward process;
  • Picked up the car on 09/09/2020 and phoned VWFS advising them of my intention to withdraw on 11/09/2020
  • VWFS gave me the settlement figure which included interest of £6.21 (£2.07 per day for the three days 09/09 - 11/09). I was then sent a follow up confirmation letter by VWFS that included the settlement figure, the methods of payment VWFS would accept and the final date by which payment had to be received by VWFS (final date for payment was 30 days from the date of me notifying them of my intention to withdraw from the PCP)
Around three weeks after paying off the PCP I received a letter from VWFS advising they no longer had a financial interest in the vehicle.

Worth bearing in mind that once you’ve notified VWFS of your intention to withdraw, it’s final - you can’t then change your mind again.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline theminty1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 01 December 2021, 11:59 »
I assume the same applies if buying thro the like of DTD.
So in summary the contract only beings when you take delivery of the car. Excellent. Thanks lads.
Only thing to sort is a bright colour. Anyone have any idea if this is going to change. I see Msport are opening options up. Grrr

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 01 December 2021, 15:53 »
DTD will be using VWFS for PCP.

Colours unlikely change... maybe they might offer some new ones with the next MY change...

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 02 December 2021, 08:24 »
I went to a VW dealer who had Clubbys in stock back in May.  I took delivery in June leasing my (zero options) car for 3 years @12k miles pa and paid £13,650 up front and now £50 x 35 months.  That's £15,400 all in or the equivalent of £436 per month.   As usual, I made the wrong choice and should have taken a PCP rather than a straight lease.

At the time I was thought I'd be bored of it in 3 years and want a change, or I might want a higher spec Clubby.

Right now I love it and a higher spec will cost a lot more in 30 months because there is zero stock.
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 02 December 2021, 12:38 »
I’d like to hope this mess with delivery times is sorted for you by then  :whistle: 

Hopefully you’ll be lucky and spot a tempting well spec’d demo or something similar….. if the market ever returns to normal that is.

I almost bought a top spec demo TCR with 3000 miles on it for £30k before all this madness. Now they’re silly money.

I presume you also get the option of buying your car at the end of the lease? (My company car is LEX and we have that option, I’ve never had a quote myself, but others paid “bottom book value” to purchase theirs).
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack