Author Topic: How would you describe Tungsten Silver  (Read 3057 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: How would you describe Tungsten Silver
« Reply #10 on: 23 November 2021, 21:56 »
I was getting either Indium Grey or Isaac Blue right up until the last minute, when I decided to go for Tungsten Silver.

Yes, admittedly there's the odd day when it can look a little sandy coloured. But most of the time it looks silver or dark silver which I've really grown to like.

It's also dead easy to keep looking clean.
7.5 GTD

Offline Aparat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 25 November 2021, 07:02 »
I was in the same position as you KieranD79.

I was looking for exactly the same spec car(except the wheels) as you in the same colour :)
But it was taking months and months to find the right one in that colour and spec.  I ended up buying it in white because like others said it can take forever to find one.
By the way, I wouldn't mind Tungsten looks alright and easy to keep looking clean  :grin:

Offline KieranD79

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 06 December 2021, 09:46 »
Thanks for all the comments everyone.

I know this is such a personal subject issue and it's one that I struggle with.  :grin:

I've decided to keep the Tungsten on the 'consider' list whilst I look for darker colour GTI's.  Just seen a Deep Black one that has also pricked my interest... still hoping for an Indium Grey one to pop up!  :smiley:
2019 Mk7.5 GTI PP, DSG, Indium Grey, Arts Velour, 90% tints, Brescia’s

Gone but not forgotten - 2012 Mk6 GTI, Manual, Carbon Grey, Leather, RNS510 Nav, Bi-xenons, Glendale’s, Lux Pack, Cruise

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 06 December 2021, 12:22 »
Black looks good when it's clean, but it's a labour of love to keep clean.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline DCmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 06 December 2021, 13:31 »
Dare I say it, rental car silver  :whistle:

2014 Mk7 GTI - Littco L500

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 06 December 2021, 13:43 »
Black looks good when it's clean, but it's a labour of love to keep clean.

Agree, and that would also apply to pretty much all dark paint colours.

Also, if you don’t use a safe wash technique, then swirl marks inflicted by the single bucket and sponge wash method, the many £5-£10 hand wash places and the complementary VW service washes will be very visible in certain lighting conditions.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 06 December 2021, 19:03 »

Also, if you don’t use a safe wash technique, then swirl marks inflicted by the single bucket and sponge wash method, the many £5-£10 hand wash places and the complementary VW service washes will be very visible in certain lighting conditions.

Full body self-healing PPF for £3-5k would sort that, just a hot power wash to sort the scratches  :grin:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 06 December 2021, 19:37 »

Full body self-healing PPF for £3-5k would sort that, just a hot power wash to sort the scratches  :grin:

Agree. Each to their own, but personally speaking, I’d be loathe to spend that sort of money on PPF.

I’ll stick with the safe wash technique and not anyone else wash my car. If there’s minor swirling over time, then I’ll sort it with my DA. 
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk

Offline KieranD79

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 07 December 2021, 17:08 »
All good points.  My current Mk6 is Carbon Grey and I always wash it using the two bucket method.  It gets clayed, polished, sealed and waxed 2-3 times a year but I know Deep Black is a whole other story.

Am I being lulled into a false sense of security by my current Carbon Grey I wonder.
2019 Mk7.5 GTI PP, DSG, Indium Grey, Arts Velour, 90% tints, Brescia’s

Gone but not forgotten - 2012 Mk6 GTI, Manual, Carbon Grey, Leather, RNS510 Nav, Bi-xenons, Glendale’s, Lux Pack, Cruise

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 07 December 2021, 18:17 »
All good points.  My current Mk6 is Carbon Grey and I always wash it using the two bucket method.  It gets clayed, polished, sealed and waxed 2-3 times a year but I know Deep Black is a whole other story.

Am I being lulled into a false sense of security by my current Carbon Grey I wonder.

I also had a mk6 Golf (a GTD) in Carbon Grey. I’ve also had more than my fair share of black cars over the years (five in total) and IMHO I’d say that Carbon Grey is a little easier to look after than Black. I did machine polish my Carbon Grey Golf when it was 2.5 - 3 years old as in spite of always using a safe wash method and not letting anyone else wash it, it did have some (inevitable?) light swirling at that age.

Would I buy another black car? Probably not, as they are a labour of love and I’m not getting any younger :smiley:. My current car is white which admittedly is difficult to keep clean at this time of year (but then most cars will be, whatever the colour). It is quite a forgiving colour though - doesn’t readily show swirl marks and it’s easy to touch in stone chips so they’re not noticeable.
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk