Author Topic: Last chance for clubby  (Read 2638 times)

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Re: Last chance for clubby
« Reply #20 on: 15 November 2021, 20:35 »
Surely NOT fit for purpose!

MK7 GTi

Offline Woeisme

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 18 November 2021, 01:50 »
You could maybe request they change the unit for the newer ones which seem to be a lot better?

Not possible AFAIK.

The super fix is coming in December I believe now.
If it was me I’d be looking for an explanation of why that is not possible.

Because its not a case of just changing one component. It would mean changing multiple controller units in the car and that's a problem so complex they've not even tried to do it.

The software fix is the answer, I've read of seat and skoda cars that have had it done and it does work. It's not vw yet nor in the uk. Rumour is December
They should be changing everything needed to make it work. The software thing seems like a cop out to me at this stage. If it was software they would have made serious inroads by now. This has all the hallmarks of a hardware issue. It’s telling that the hardware is different in newer models.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #22 on: 18 November 2021, 07:39 »
Yes there are dozens of variations across all of the components which is why it's so complex.

I've heard the original problem was even that, where the target hardware changed at the last minute from what the developers were given to work with...

I suspect the solution they are going to deliver is a rewrite which abstracts the hardware layer...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC