Author Topic: SFD capability now added to OBD Eleven app  (Read 9156 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: SFD capability now added to OBD Eleven app
« Reply #30 on: 22 November 2021, 19:05 »
Did some (early?) cars not have this map in cluster functionality? My car already has this and I didn’t have to code anything.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 22 November 2021, 19:10 »
Did some (early?) cars not have this map in cluster functionality? My car already has this and I didn’t have to code anything.

Yep VW refused to turn it on and said it wasn’t possible to do it.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #32 on: 22 November 2021, 20:43 »
If you set this to NO...

Ability switch nav maps - Yes

Then you can have maps on both screens at once.

Also don't forget you can zoom the map in the dash with up and down steering wheel buttons.. So you can have a zoomed in view to spot junctions easily and the broader view on the central display.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 22 November 2021, 20:55 »
Didn’t know about the zoom using steering wheel buttons.

Not quite sure why I wanted the sat nav working(probably just because it should).cant remember when I last used one.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 22 November 2021, 22:24 »
If you play with these settings you can probably get it to auto zoom at junctions too...

Crossroad detail map transmission mode - Off
Crossroad detail map resolution - 0
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline vasilis_03

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 13 December 2021, 09:11 »
is there any option to have the rev/speed meter on the right left corners when you have the map view in dashboard?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 13 December 2021, 09:24 »
is there any option to have the rev/speed meter on the right left corners when you have the map view in dashboard?

I don't think so...

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 13 December 2021, 09:25 »
I'm sure I saw someone post that they managed to do this, but anyone know how you can get the "R" virtual dash display in the GTI, the one with the rev counter dial across the top?

There is an "App" in OBDEleven that seems to suggest its the one that does it but when I tried it I just ended up with an additional "GTI" display - well, I got the big central rev counter with no digits shown !

@ vasilis_03, yeah that would be a nice one too. I did figure out though that if you press and hold the "View" button on steering wheel you can complete hide the left/right dials.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 13 December 2021, 13:29 »

I tried it and you can get speed displayed in one of the boxes, but no option for revs. Power, boost, g force... but not revs.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #39 on: 13 December 2021, 13:56 »
I'm sure I saw someone post that they managed to do this, but anyone know how you can get the "R" virtual dash display in the GTI, the one with the rev counter dial across the top?

There is an "App" in OBDEleven that seems to suggest its the one that does it but when I tried it I just ended up with an additional "GTI" display - well, I got the big central rev counter with no digits shown !

@ vasilis_03, yeah that would be a nice one too. I did figure out though that if you press and hold the "View" button on steering wheel you can complete hide the left/right dials.

I have the R display,I played with a few settings and found it….when I have time at the weekend I will look and see what I altered.