Author Topic: Extended warranty  (Read 1217 times)

Offline nunchuck

• Not said much yet
Extended warranty
« on: 01 October 2021, 07:00 »
Going to pay for my first MOT. And next service.  In April.

Then go for this package https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners-and-drivers/servicing/service-plans/all-in.html

Sounds good. 

What you guys think

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Extended warranty
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2021, 12:09 »
If you’re planning on keeping your car, it probably is good value.

Read the terms and conditions though to make sure it gives you what you want / need - they’re well hidden and I can’t get the link to the T’s and C’s to work if I paste it into this post but you can access them on page 8 of the document at the link below. The paragraph in bold print on the lower right hand side of page 8 includes the link - I’ve included a screenshot below to show where to access the T’s and C’s;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/gb/owners/service-plans/all-in/All-in-Driver-Guide.pdf

The same All In product is available under other VAG brands. I read on a Seat forum that when a forum member booked their car in for the eligibility check, their car was ineligible because it’d missed the air con service that’s recommended is carried out when the car’s two years old at a cost of around £140. That forum member was told they could get it done retrospectively, and their car would then be eligible. 

Assuming VW adopt a similar approach when deciding if a car’s eligible for this warranty product, then it seems all the first three years required and recommended servicing and maintenance work must’ve been carried out first.

There’s another discussion thread on the All-In product at the link below;

https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287752.msg2639212#msg2639212
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline nunchuck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2021, 06:09 »
Going to go for it ,  if you work it out taking the two services/mot/roadside cover
It’s £100 for two years parts and labour

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2021, 16:35 »
My GTI is 3 in December, thinking of an extended warranty but given a nightmare I had with a previous LR warranty, I’m not so sure. For the Discovery I ended up keeping a few quid in the bank and using a highly rated local independent, I might go the same route with the GTI.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2021, 17:00 »
The cost of parts seems to be going up significantly at it would appear as found elsewhere on this forum. I have seen a rise in the price of oem clutch kits when researching them recently. Factoring in price increase might make a difference to any decision.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline nunchuck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 04 October 2021, 05:45 »
Cost of the new headlight was £1365. Fitted. Glad it was covered