Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 85185 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #690 on: 24 March 2022, 20:03 »
Cool :cool:
Looking forward to seeing the pics when the car emerges looking super shiny
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #691 on: 30 March 2022, 16:12 »
So my clubsport 45 has been in for a warranty issue over the rear view camera so when you put it in reverse and you get the camera image there is also an image on the right hand side of the screen of the car and parking sensor view. This i man told should not be there and Vw have said its a technical fault and they can’t do anything about it until a new part is released. Whilst it was in there a VW recall was done as per VW-Golf- Nut and that  they removed the engine cover. This affects all of the performance range T-Roc, Passat, Golf etc… and also apparently includes the mark 7. When i read the recall today in the VW dealership collecting my car. VW have also stated this will remain off until a new part is developed and there are no timescales for this. So all you performance Golf owners be prepared for the recall or get it booked in now for removal.

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #692 on: 30 March 2022, 18:06 »
My wife’s 7.5 GTI was in for a new under bonnet sound deadening pad today replaced under warranty
No mention of the engine cover needing replaced

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #693 on: 30 March 2022, 22:07 »
Well if they wanted to take mine I'd be asking for it back to hang on the wall, no way are they replacing it with some bog standard plain old non-GTi one.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #694 on: 30 March 2022, 22:11 »
Ummm.... its the (plain spongy) MK8 engine cover that the recall applies to. Not the MK7.5.

And by all accounts they're only whipping them off when the car happens to be in for servicing / other warranty work. So if you have a MK8 and want to hold onto your ugly engine cover, whip it off and leave it in the shed if/when your car goes in for a service.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #695 on: 31 March 2022, 09:59 »
My guess is its a fire hazard...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #696 on: 31 March 2022, 19:32 »
Yes folks that’s what the recall detailed it vibrates and presses against the turbo causing smouldering and then a fire hazard!

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #697 on: 31 March 2022, 19:41 »
“The Wolfsburg-based automaker became aware of this problem in September 2021 when it received the first claim related to an engine compartment fire. The severity of the thermal event made root cause analysis impossible. A few weeks later, VW received yet another claim.

Additional events were identified from October 2021 through January 2022 in European markets, which prompted Volkswagen to establish a team whose only purpose was to establish the root cause for the engine compartment fire. The first interim results from driving tests indicated that the 2.0-liter engine’s cover may come loose in certain driving scenarios.

Volkswagen is referring to hard cornering and acceleration. The part is Manufactured by German supplier Polytec Car Styling Hörsching GmbH, the engine cover was discontinued from GTI and R production last month.

Volkswagen says that GTIs and Rs will be assembled with an improved engine cover design when this component becomes available. As a result, customers will have the engine covers removed by authorized Volkswagen retailers until further notice. Notifications are to be mailed by May 13th.

The above from a motoring magazine, so my view would be remove rather than face a fire claim, especially to those that have spent a bundle on a detail.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #698 on: 01 April 2022, 10:45 »
I don't want a "thermal event" so....
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #699 on: 01 April 2022, 19:11 »
Do the 45s come with heated seats as standard ?

No. Only as part of the winter pack.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.