Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 85297 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #680 on: 06 March 2022, 17:52 »
Do you know an insurer that specifically does use OEM parts and VW approved repairers?

I'm looking to go with More Than, an RSA insurer...anyone with experience of them? There policy says they may use recycled parts/parts not made by manufacturers...

I believe that many insurers now state in their documentation that they may use recycled parts - presumably for environmental reasons. I’d expect under VW’s own insurance product that only 100% genuine OEM parts would be used. Repairs will be to VW approved standard too.

Bear in mind that you don’t have to your insurer’s own recommended / approved repairer; you are free to choose your own, in which case you can pick one that is VW approved. If a body shop is VW approved, then use of OEM parts and paint is probably one of the conditions that need to be met in order to gain VW approved repairer status. Most - if not all - insurance companies will state in their policies that if you decide to use a repairer of your choice, then they may impose additional terms - e.g. an increased excess, and you may not get the use of a free courtesy car while your car is being repaired.

You can find VW approved repairers in your area on the website at the link below (click on ‘find body shop’ button in the top right corner);

https://volkswagenapprovedrepair.co.uk/
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #681 on: 06 March 2022, 17:57 »
Do you know an insurer that specifically does use OEM parts and VW approved repairers?

I'm looking to go with More Than, an RSA insurer...anyone with experience of them? There policy says they may use recycled parts/parts not made by manufacturers...

I believe that many insurers now state in their documentation that they may use recycled parts - presumably for environmental reasons. I’d expect under VW’s own insurance product that only 100% genuine OEM parts would be used. Repairs will be to VW approved standard too.

Bear in mind that you don’t have to your insurer’s own recommended / approved repairer; you are free to choose your own, in which case you can pick one that is VW approved. If a body shop is VW approved, then use of OEM parts and paint is probably one of the conditions that need to be met in order to gain VW approved repairer status. Most - if not all - insurance companies will state in their policies that if you decide to use a repairer of your choice, then they may impose additional terms - e.g. an increased excess, and you may not get the use of a free courtesy car while your car is being repaired.

You can find VW approved repairers in your area on the website at the link below (click on ‘find body shop’ button in the top right corner);

https://volkswagenapprovedrepair.co.uk/

That's helpful, thank you. Yes, I seem to recall the last few policies I have taken out all state that.

I did get a quick quote from VW but was quite a lot higher, perhaps for that reason?

Yes, I remember that now, I did that when I had a non fault accident in 2013.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #682 on: 17 March 2022, 05:35 »
Email from my dealer yesterday ;

Missing Engine Cover

·         Volkswagen have identified a quality issue with the cover so have removed the part from the vehicle (anything with the 2.0 TSI engine), which means your car doesn’t have one. They are in the process of developing a new cover so will issue a warranty claim when it is available to fit to your car.

·         Just wanted to make you aware as am sure you will spot that it’s missing!

Offline Baylon

• Just got here
« Reply #683 on: 22 March 2022, 20:16 »

Picked her up last week, loving it so far!

On order: Clubsport 45, Pure White, DCC, HK, Winter Pack 2, Pano roof, HUD
Previous: 7.5 GTI, PP, DSG, Pure White, DCC, Dynaudio, Pano roof,

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #684 on: 23 March 2022, 18:34 »
The car looks fab Baylon  :cool:

With all these Ed45’s arriving I think the regular Clubsport is going to be the rarest model!  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #685 on: 23 March 2022, 21:32 »
Looks very good indeed. But I would say that!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #686 on: 24 March 2022, 16:57 »
Email from my dealer yesterday ;

Missing Engine Cover

·         Volkswagen have identified a quality issue with the cover so have removed the part from the vehicle (anything with the 2.0 TSI engine), which means your car doesn’t have one. They are in the process of developing a new cover so will issue a warranty claim when it is available to fit to your car.

·         Just wanted to make you aware as am sure you will spot that it’s missing!

Just saw this same thing on a US forum. Turns out the engine covers aren't fastened very securely and if they come loose can rest on the turbo, melt and even start a fire! The advice to all US owners is to take their cars to their VW dealer to have the cover removed, once VW redesign the fasteners the covers can be replaced.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #687 on: 24 March 2022, 17:02 »
OK all, got my Ed45 today  :whistle:

Is there any other way I can load images bar Postimage site?? I've tried to get it approved by my I.T manager but it's still not playing ball  :shocked:

Can you share via OneDrive?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #688 on: 24 March 2022, 19:25 »
Congrats Rory.

Flickr and that ilk will all work.
Failing that send them over to me and I’ll post them for you.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #689 on: 24 March 2022, 19:40 »
Congrats Rory.

Flickr and that ilk will all work.
Failing that send them over to me and I’ll post them for you.

Thanks Andy! It's in for a detail at the moment, I'll get some better pics and send them over when I collect 👍