Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84556 times)

VW_Golf_nut

Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #670 on: 05 March 2022, 11:24 »
Ordered some genuine Mercedes Harmon Kardon badges, idea was to cut the pins off the back and use self adhesive tape to affix to the speaker grill. I received them today, tried them on my sisters Ibiza FR speaker grill, they are perfect! No need to cut the pins off, they slot straight into the holes in the grill and look 100% OEM  :smug:

If anyone wants the part number, let me know.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #671 on: 05 March 2022, 12:58 »
Thanks all for the insurance feedback. No real change from the standard gti. Perfect.   :smiley: will shop around for the GAP though.

ALA Gap Insurance using discount code MSE25 for 25% published price is a good starting point

Just done a quote. £258 for 4 years. That’s a good saving on what I’d been previously quoted with that code. Thanks for sharing.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #672 on: 05 March 2022, 17:48 »

GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #673 on: 05 March 2022, 18:21 »
Bloody lovely!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #674 on: 05 March 2022, 18:49 »

Love the black!

How is the roof? I’d have loved the panoramic sunroof, but I’m tall, was worried about loosing headroom and couldn’t find a dealer local with a pano roofed golf to try out.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #675 on: 05 March 2022, 19:46 »
I haven't used the roof yet but I was worried about creaks but it's fine and now I have it I wouldn't not have it if you know what I mean. Here's another pic.

GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #676 on: 05 March 2022, 23:04 »
I haven't used the roof yet but I was worried about creaks but it's fine and now I have it I wouldn't not have it if you know what I mean. Here's another pic.

I’m biased as I have the standard GTi in black but that looks amazing. I love how the ‘45’ stands out. Seeing all these ‘45’ is making me very jealous.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #677 on: 06 March 2022, 07:33 »
Anyone on here in a Kings Red Ed45 on the M5 heading North past Junction 25 around 4.00pm yesterday??

I was getting off at J25 and couldn't quite make out if it was!

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #678 on: 06 March 2022, 16:36 »
Out of interest what are owners experience re the typical annual insurance cost on the Club 45 ? Any recommendations? Thank you.

I don’t think there is a typical annual insurance premium. The algorithms used by insurance companies to calculate premiums are very sophisticated these days and use multiple risk factors; one person’s premium is unlikely to be a good indication of what another person’s premium will be, even for two seemingly identical risks.

IMHO it’s best to get a range of quotes using a number of sources - e.g. a comparison site, some of the direct insurers who aren’t on the comparison sites. Also, consider using a high street broker who can do the legwork for you, and some brokers may have special scheme arrangements with some insurance companies at preferential premium rates.

Bear in mind the cheapest price isn’t necessarily the best; cheapest might mean poor claims service, non-OEM parts used for repairs, non-VW approved repairers used etc.

Do you know an insurer that specifically does use OEM parts and VW approved repairers?

I'm looking to ho with More Than, an RSA insurer...anyone with experience of them? There policy says they may use recycled parts/parts not made by manufacturers...

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #679 on: 06 March 2022, 17:05 »
Out of interest what are owners experience re the typical annual insurance cost on the Club 45 ? Any recommendations? Thank you.

I don’t think there is a typical annual insurance premium. The algorithms used by insurance companies to calculate premiums are very sophisticated these days and use multiple risk factors; one person’s premium is unlikely to be a good indication of what another person’s premium will be, even for two seemingly identical risks.

IMHO it’s best to get a range of quotes using a number of sources - e.g. a comparison site, some of the direct insurers who aren’t on the comparison sites. Also, consider using a high street broker who can do the legwork for you, and some brokers may have special scheme arrangements with some insurance companies at preferential premium rates.

Bear in mind the cheapest price isn’t necessarily the best; cheapest might mean poor claims service, non-OEM parts used for repairs, non-VW approved repairers used etc.

Do you know an insurer that specifically does use OEM parts and VW approved repairers?

I'm looking to ho with More Than, an RSA insurer...anyone with experience of them? There policy says they may use recycled parts/parts not made by manufacturers...

I'm looking to go with More Than, an RSA insurer...anyone with experience of them? There policy says they may use recycled parts/parts not made by manufacturers...