Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 82731 times)

VW_Golf_nut

Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #660 on: 04 March 2022, 12:35 »
Could someone with the HK sound system post images of the speaker grills for me please? I want to see the logo design/placement.

This on on auto trader…

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202202192733519?atmobcid=soc4

With a clear picture, I believe it’s only the A pillar that’s a different grill.

Any sign of your car yet?

Yes HK logo only on the A pillar speakers.

BTW that car... 900 miles, 2 owners... on an ED45... hmmmmmm!

Ideal, cheating a bit but I have sourced some genuine HK badges that I will be retrofitting to tart up the cabin ambience a bit!

Flipped it sounds!

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #661 on: 04 March 2022, 13:44 »

BTW that car... 900 miles, 2 owners... on an ED45... hmmmmmm!

That was my first thought too.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline Big Slick

• Just got here
« Reply #662 on: 04 March 2022, 23:27 »
Out of interest what are owners experience re the typical annual insurance cost on the Club 45 ? Any recommendations? Thank you.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #663 on: 05 March 2022, 00:04 »
Out of interest what are owners experience re the typical annual insurance cost on the Club 45 ? Any recommendations? Thank you.

I don’t think there is a typical annual insurance premium. The algorithms used by insurance companies to calculate premiums are very sophisticated these days and use multiple risk factors; one person’s premium is unlikely to be a good indication of what another person’s premium will be, even for two seemingly identical risks.

IMHO it’s best to get a range of quotes using a number of sources - e.g. a comparison site, some of the direct insurers who aren’t on the comparison sites. Also, consider using a high street broker who can do the legwork for you, and some brokers may have special scheme arrangements with some insurance companies at preferential premium rates.

Bear in mind the cheapest price isn’t necessarily the best; cheapest might mean poor claims service, non-OEM parts used for repairs, non-VW approved repairers used etc.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #664 on: 05 March 2022, 06:44 »

I don’t think there is a typical annual insurance premium. The algorithms used by insurance companies to calculate premiums are very sophisticated these days and use multiple risk factors; one person’s premium is unlikely to be a good indication of what another person’s premium will be, even for two seemingly identical risks.

IMHO it’s best to get a range of quotes using a number of sources - e.g. a comparison site, some of the direct insurers who aren’t on the comparison sites. Also, consider using a high street broker who can do the legwork for you, and some brokers may have special scheme arrangements with some insurance companies at preferential premium rates.

Bear in mind the cheapest price isn’t necessarily the best; cheapest might mean poor claims service, non-OEM parts used for repairs, non-VW approved repairers used etc.

This is interesting, I was only looking at getting my policy arranged yesterday. I'm with AXA at the moment, they will not insure me on the CS45, but they did on a Mk8 R PP, strange!

I use various comparison sites like Confused.com, GoCompare etc. Best I have a the moment is £300/yr, that's based on £500 voluntary excess, but, as SRGTD says, no one premium will be the same, even changing your job title could effect the price!

I asked my dealer ref GAP insurance, they don't offer anymore (Listers) but advised that I can take out directly with VW. Also noticed that VW offer insurance as well.

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #665 on: 05 March 2022, 06:45 »

I checked compare the market, then I used my Quidco app to check, Quidco was actually £20/year cheaper and I got £35 cash back yet get this…. Quidco says on it “powered by compare the market”. So worth a check.

If I understand your reasoning for the question…. Am I paying a premium because the 45 is “special”? No, it’s not much more than I’ve paid the last few years.

I’d happily share what I’ve paid, but like SRGTD said, it’s all relative to so many factors.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #666 on: 05 March 2022, 08:53 »
I asked my dealer ref GAP insurance, they don't offer anymore (Listers) but advised that I can take out directly with VW. Also noticed that VW offer insurance as well.

It might be worth getting a quote for car insurance cover from VW, but as far as GAP cover is concerned, I’d not buy VW branded GAP insurance as it’s horrendously expensive.

Historically, VW have always applied a sizeable commission mark up to the net prices of the insurance company they use as their GAP insurance supplier (they currently use a company called Motors Insurance Company - see below), and it’s that commission mark up that makes the cost to the customer very expensive.

You can buy equivalent cover much cheaper by going direct to the likes of ALA, Direct Gap, Total Loss Gap etc. (there are many other GAP insurers too).

This is a screenshot from VW’s GAP policy document showing the insurer details;

« Last Edit: 05 March 2022, 08:55 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #667 on: 05 March 2022, 08:53 »
Insurance costs - so when i insured my 45 in ~December it was added as a multi car on our current insurance with LV. My main car is a Skoda Octavia Scout and my wife has Golf Cabriolet, adding the 45 on was starting from scratch with no claims, 10k miles a year (wont get anywhere near that), business use and voluntary excess i think was £250. My cost until May, so 6 months in effect was £130. Estimated renewal for all 3 cars is about max £800. So I think that’s pretty good. Try LV.
I chose the GAP insurance with the dealer only reason if the company goes bust you have the FA protection with it.
Hope that helps folks.

Offline Big Slick

• Just got here
« Reply #668 on: 05 March 2022, 10:20 »
Thanks all for the insurance feedback. No real change from the standard gti. Perfect.   :smiley: will shop around for the GAP though.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #669 on: 05 March 2022, 10:24 »
Thanks all for the insurance feedback. No real change from the standard gti. Perfect.   :smiley: will shop around for the GAP though.

ALA Gap Insurance using discount code MSE25 for 25% published price is a good starting point
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special