Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84754 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #570 on: 12 February 2022, 08:33 »
Funny thing about those R paddles is that I was still waiting for confirmation that they’d arrived in the uk when they turned up!   :grin:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #571 on: 12 February 2022, 08:34 »
Would you not wait until 1st March for a 2022 plate?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #572 on: 12 February 2022, 09:21 »

Wish I could buy the car arrives to the dealers on Monday so it’ll be past the two weeks mark if I leave it. That’d be financial suicide!

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #573 on: 12 February 2022, 09:53 »

Wish I could buy the car arrives to the dealers on Monday so it’ll be past the two weeks mark if I leave it. That’d be financial suicide!

My dealers not phased on that...does it depend on finance provider?

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #574 on: 12 February 2022, 09:55 »
My dealer wasn’t bothered either and it’s with VWFS. Not sure if some are more strident on the rules.

I’m not waiting as I have a private plate the car is being collected on.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #575 on: 12 February 2022, 10:34 »
What colours are we all having?

I've gone Moonstone.

My UP GTI is Kings Red and I was of the mind to change the Ed45 to this, its such a beautiful colour, very easy to keep clean and hides the dirt as well!

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #576 on: 12 February 2022, 12:25 »
My dealer wasn’t bothered either and it’s with VWFS. Not sure if some are more strident on the rules.

I’m not waiting as I have a private plate the car is being collected on.

Odd how different dealers say different things. If I don’t pick it up within the 2 weeks my deal, including finance contribution and part ex, is pulled. Currently my part ex is £2k above WBAC.

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #577 on: 12 February 2022, 13:40 »

I've gone Moonstone.

My UP GTI is Kings Red and I was of the mind to change the Ed45 to this, its such a beautiful colour, very easy to keep clean and hides the dirt as well!

I went kings Red, I don’t know of many others, there was a red 45 on here but in Ireland if I recall.

I very almost went for Oryx then changed my mind at the last minute.

To be honest regarding the golf range colours, I don’t dislike any colour, but I also don’t love any, I think a unique 45 or even GTI/clubsport colour would have been nice, but the same as the R I suppose and how most are Lapiz Blue.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #578 on: 12 February 2022, 13:50 »

I've gone Moonstone.

I went kings Red, I don’t know of many others, there was a red 45 on here but in Ireland if I recall.

I very almost went for Oryx then changed my mind at the last minute.

To be honest regarding the golf range colours, I don’t dislike any colour, but I also don’t love any, I think a unique 45 or even GTI/clubsport colour would have been nice, but the same as the R I suppose and how most are Lapiz Blue.

Good choice, won't regret that. I like the Moonstone but as you say, would have been nice to have a unique colour for the Anniversary edition. In Europe you can have Urano Grey, I like that colour.

Offline Stretts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #579 on: 12 February 2022, 13:51 »
That’s exactly like mine. The call to say it had left the factory was eagerly awaited. I then expected about a two week wait for shipping, but the one to say at uk port was a very pleasant surprise.

Hopefully it will get to the dealer (Midlands area) before the weekend so they can start PDI and I can collect.

Tbh, like many others here, I cannot wait!  :grin:

I ordered May 2021 via Johnsons VW and was quite an early order I believe, so I’m not sure why it’s a later delivery than many others, it’s not a huge spec. Doesn’t matter now and I will say my dealer (Joe Knight, who is also a GTI fan and maybe on here) has been faultless…. Unless he’s on here, then maybe a little extra discount wouldn’t go a miss  :laugh:, seriously though, he’s kept me up to date all the way through.
2018 white 3 door Gti, Seville wheels 90% tinted glass. Now sold.
2020 Mk 8 etsi R Line. Now sold.
2024 Manual White GTI  Adelaide's, winter pack & camera.