Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84999 times)

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #560 on: 10 February 2022, 10:47 »
That’s exactly like mine. The call to say it had left the factory was eagerly awaited. I then expected about a two week wait for shipping, but the one to say at uk port was a very pleasant surprise.

Hopefully it will get to the dealer (Midlands area) before the weekend so they can start PDI and I can collect.

Tbh, like many others here, I cannot wait!  :grin:

I ordered May 2021 via Johnsons VW and was quite an early order I believe, so I’m not sure why it’s a later delivery than many others, it’s not a huge spec. Doesn’t matter now and I will say my dealer (Joe Knight, who is also a GTI fan and maybe on here) has been faultless…. Unless he’s on here, then maybe a little extra discount wouldn’t go a miss  :laugh:, seriously though, he’s kept me up to date all the way through. 
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #561 on: 10 February 2022, 17:01 »
That’s exactly like mine. The call to say it had left the factory was eagerly awaited. I then expected about a two week wait for shipping, but the one to say at uk port was a very pleasant surprise.

Hopefully it will get to the dealer (Midlands area) before the weekend so they can start PDI and I can collect.

Tbh, like many others here, I cannot wait!  :grin:

I ordered May 2021 via Johnsons VW and was quite an early order I believe, so I’m not sure why it’s a later delivery than many others, it’s not a huge spec. Doesn’t matter now and I will say my dealer (Joe Knight, who is also a GTI fan and maybe on here) has been faultless…. Unless he’s on here, then maybe a little extra discount wouldn’t go a miss  :laugh:, seriously though, he’s kept me up to date all the way through.

I'm hoping the same, I placed my order 29/07/2021.

Just hope it will live upto my expectations! Sure it will and nice to know it will be a (fairly) rare sight on the roads.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #562 on: 11 February 2022, 15:14 »
Collection arranged for 25th February.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Baylon

• Just got here
« Reply #563 on: 11 February 2022, 16:17 »
Just had confirmation that mine is now built (should have been BW1) and is on its way to Emden, so hopefully arrive at dealers in a few weeks. Car was ordered on 1st June 2021
On order: Clubsport 45, Pure White, DCC, HK, Winter Pack 2, Pano roof, HUD
Previous: 7.5 GTI, PP, DSG, Pure White, DCC, Dynaudio, Pano roof,

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #564 on: 11 February 2022, 16:26 »
Mine has arrived in UK also, was also supposed to be BW1. Looks like they've been busy getting them out of the door.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #565 on: 11 February 2022, 20:00 »
Encouraging to see we have some coming through now!

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #566 on: 11 February 2022, 20:05 »
I saw someone post on FB a while ago that his new R arrived without the akrapovic he’d spec’d! Seems VW are deleting spec now to cope with the parts shortages.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #567 on: 11 February 2022, 20:32 »

Haven’t arranged collection yet but spoke to dealer today, hoping for the same week as you.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #568 on: 11 February 2022, 20:55 »

Haven’t arranged collection yet but spoke to dealer today, hoping for the same week as you.

They’ve been on a similar schedule all the way!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #569 on: 12 February 2022, 08:11 »
Yes, always within a week or two with the unscheduled build dates. I also thought it was funny that our R paddles arrived on the same day too!

It looks like the 45’s have been built in batches. Quiet a few to be collected in the next few weeks and there’s was quiet a few came through at once before, around October if I recall.