Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 85211 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #470 on: 09 January 2022, 14:02 »
Some new video content imminent then!!

I can see where you’re coming from in your decision Paul. You did it for all the right reasons and hopefully made a profit too!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #471 on: 09 January 2022, 14:08 »
After just over 7 weeks and 1200 miles I have sold my ED45. Decided in the end to keep the ED40. Even though the MK8 is great it never won me over and I preferred the ED40.

Reasons, I prefer a manual and never got on with the DSG, prefer the steering feel of the MK7 and think it’s a better looking car. Prefer the Dynaudio too, it just sounds fuller and more premium to my ears at least.

I will miss those IQ lights though. The ED45 is a fantastic car with devastating cross country speed, it just never captured my heart and it was a touch too digital for me.

Some of you may recognise the buyer 🙂

But I thought he didn't like the Edition 45?!?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #472 on: 09 January 2022, 14:19 »
He’s on record as saying he doesn’t but it’s a business for him. Shame you didn’t really get on with the car but that’s a great looking ed40 you’ve got. I wish they’d done the CS45 in reflex.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline silky16v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #473 on: 09 January 2022, 14:53 »
After just over 7 weeks and 1200 miles I have sold my ED45. Decided in the end to keep the ED40. Even though the MK8 is great it never won me over and I preferred the ED40.

Reasons, I prefer a manual and never got on with the DSG, prefer the steering feel of the MK7 and think it’s a better looking car. Prefer the Dynaudio too, it just sounds fuller and more premium to my ears at least.

I will miss those IQ lights though. The ED45 is a fantastic car with devastating cross country speed, it just never captured my heart and it was a touch too digital for me.

Some of you may recognise the buyer 🙂

Are you able to divulge what he gave for the car from Andrew?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #474 on: 09 January 2022, 16:10 »
Oh my missed call from the dealer was about a service plan. Expect the car in March if I’m lucky.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #475 on: 09 January 2022, 18:23 »

That must've been a difficult decision, but a great choice :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #476 on: 09 January 2022, 21:23 »
So collected the car Christmas Eve and the weather has been appalling ever since but I’ve managed to get some pictures for you guys. So much technology on the car and everyone that sees it loves it. It looks and drives stunning. The rear view camera that was missed by the factory has arrived and is being fitted this week. The dealer explained they were only allowed one of the ED45 car and the time frame for the orders was so tight which I was the lucky one.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #477 on: 09 January 2022, 21:27 »
Looks lovely!

I really like the wheels   :cool:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #478 on: 09 January 2022, 21:28 »

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #479 on: 09 January 2022, 22:34 »
Looks so good.

So Volkswizard mentioned on Twitter that he could get Waze on the cluster in the 45 he has bought. I have had a mess about with my standard GTi this evening and can’t. I can get the normal map/Nav on my cluster and I am currently running software version 1788. Will this be down to software or hardware do you think? Mine is booked in on Friday for the ‘big fix’. Wonder if this could opened up a few different options.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.