Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 82673 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #430 on: 05 December 2021, 08:32 »
Otherwise how are the dealers going to survive if they have to wait a year before getting paid ??

By charging £200+ on labor in the service department.

Based on forum members comments on this and other forums on waiting times to book their cars in for servicing / warranty work at dealers, I dare say that dealership service departments have more than enough incoming work - and revenue, when labour rates are factored in - to keep the dealerships ‘ticking over’ for some time to come :whistle:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #431 on: 05 December 2021, 15:42 »
Build week 11 for me know. Just keeps slipping and my dealer never informs me.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #432 on: 05 December 2021, 17:01 »
So how do you find out the delay information if the dealer doesn’t inform you?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #433 on: 05 December 2021, 17:09 »

I have to chase them. ‘I’ll let you know if there are any changes’. Never happens.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

OneArmedOctopus

« Reply #434 on: 06 December 2021, 00:30 »

I have to chase them. ‘I’ll let you know if there are any changes’. Never happens.

I feel u’re pain,I ordered same time as you and i’m on build week 18,but at least I can blame that on changing colour. Was originaly on BW 47. To be honest I’ve lost interest for when I get it now,it’ll just be a welcomed phone call when its ready.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #435 on: 09 December 2021, 14:37 »
Although it is not a Clubsport 45, I thought you guys would be interested in the perspective of timescales for production/delivery of cars that I will be picking up my new Golf R MK8 (which was heavily loaded with options), tomorrow 10/12/21.  I first ordered the car way back around May 2021.   

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #436 on: 09 December 2021, 18:23 »
Good news Brendan  :cool:
Not too shocking a wait compared to some.
I hope the pick-up goes well, fingers crossed the weather stays decent for you  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #437 on: 09 December 2021, 19:33 »
Although it is not a Clubsport 45, I thought you guys would be interested in the perspective of timescales for production/delivery of cars that I will be picking up my new Golf R MK8 (which was heavily loaded with options), tomorrow 10/12/21.  I first ordered the car way back around May 2021.

Good news for you. Hope you enjoy.

Like Exonian said, you’re waiting is quite good as things are. The latest on my 45 is unscheduled build week 1 of 2022. I ordered May 2021 from a VW dealer.

Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #438 on: 09 December 2021, 20:49 »
Many thanks for your congrats

It seems there has been a recent surge in production of certain types of Golfs and other models such as ID3's etc.  The video for my MK8 Golf R on arrival to the dealer revealed my Golf R was surrounded by mainly ID-3's and other electric models which had also just been delivered.  Hope the wait for the remaining Clubsport 45 orders will soon be over for those of you who ordered a similar time to myself. 

THe wait for my car ended up being a similar timescale to my current Golf R when I ordered it in 2016.  Maybe a little longer but not a lot of difference in time waiting.

Am looking forward to picking it up tomorrow, Just hope the weather remains as dry as the weather apps suggest it might be... 

Hopefully the software on the Infotainment is a bit more stable and error free than some of of you have experienced on your cars.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #439 on: 09 December 2021, 21:08 »
At least if the weather is rubbish, the R won’t miss a beat and will stick like glue. Enjoy the pick up.  :smiley: