Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84808 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #340 on: 07 October 2021, 10:57 »
I guess the unfortunate thing with under supply becoming open knowledge is that now we will see speculation akin to ferrari flipping...

Combine that with a crap interest rate and you have a perfect storm for speculation...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #341 on: 07 October 2021, 12:43 »
That is interesting. Good watch that. I was speaking to my dealer today who told me that their group have now moved to a ZERO discount policy on any orders. Apparently they’re receiving 40% fewer cars and there’s no end in sight to the shortage.

Hi paresh, I ordered the car at beginning of May. As I have found out the car was a car the dealer had already ordered and they contacted me to swap out my 7.5pp. It is the only one they have sold and only one they will sell by all accounts. They must have ordered it as soon as the car came available as I seem to be one of the few to have received it.

By the sounds of it, ordering a CS45 at a time when normal discounts (10-15%) were available, coupled with low numbers to be produced might have a very good outcome indeed.

The same with anyone who’s got a PCP deal prior to discount slashing as I don’t see the used car market crashing as predicted, it will settle and cars will depreciate of course, but looks like the prices may settle at a higher value than before all this “boom”.

For reference, VW predict a 4 year value on my 45 of £17k 🤷‍♀️
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #342 on: 07 October 2021, 14:07 »
Definitely, my GFV on a CS with options is about £15k after 4 years, hope to then buy it as a long termer. But it makes sense to sit on these orders now and be patient. Buying something used now with higher APR, no deposit contribution and no discount is madness.
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline PareshV

• Not said much yet
« Reply #343 on: 07 October 2021, 19:29 »
Hi paresh, I ordered the car at beginning of May. As I have found out the car was a car the dealer had already ordered and they contacted me to swap out my 7.5pp. It is the only one they have sold and only one they will sell by all accounts. They must have ordered it as soon as the car came available as I seem to be one of the few to have received it.

You can understand why people could be tempted to sell the car as soon as they receive it, if they are going for silly money and people/ dealers are prepared to buy them. Is the car worth £45k on auction site? Only people who are desperate to buy them at that price can answer that. Not worth that money in my opinion.

I ordered mine end of June. Hopefully it's built within a month as its confirmed for week 36. As far as I can tell they are running 3-4 weeks behind currently. Probably another month for delivery once it's built.

I have seen the 45 on offer for 48k on some sites. It's mad out there with car and van prices. Know so many people who have been offered more than its worth for their vehicle whether it's new or not. Got a mate waiting for a Q5 currently on route to Germany before final leg to UK. Let's see how long it takes to arrive from Germany
Ordered: CS45, Pearl White, DCC, Harmon Kardon, Front Winter Seats

Offline PareshV

• Not said much yet
« Reply #344 on: 07 October 2021, 19:49 »
By the sounds of it, ordering a CS45 at a time when normal discounts (10-15%) were available, coupled with low numbers to be produced might have a very good outcome indeed.

The same with anyone who’s got a PCP deal prior to discount slashing as I don’t see the used car market crashing as predicted, it will settle and cars will depreciate of course, but looks like the prices may settle at a higher value than before all this “boom”.

For reference, VW predict a 4 year value on my 45 of £17k 🤷‍♀️
[/quote]

I would never buy a brand new car but my thinking behind it is, future GTI's could be electric which means the 45 will become highly valued. If they release a 50yr fuel version, sell the 45 and get the 50 which will be high value in future like all GTI's if fuel vehicles disappear. Let's see what happens.
Ordered: CS45, Pearl White, DCC, Harmon Kardon, Front Winter Seats

Offline Domster

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTI Edition 45 in White
« Reply #345 on: 07 October 2021, 20:53 »
Took my car 4 weeks from being told it was at the port in Europe to arriving at the dealer.

To show how crazy the used car market is at the moment. Here is my old 7.5 pp on the dealer used car forecourt. Nearly chocked on my dinner when I saw how much it was. Don’t think I even paid that new after all the discounts that were thrown at the car.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #346 on: 08 October 2021, 12:36 »
Three words: build week 5.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #347 on: 08 October 2021, 12:39 »
That will be one of the first Edition 46's then.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline DB99

• Not said much yet
« Reply #348 on: 08 October 2021, 15:55 »
That will be one of the first Edition 46's then.

There will be more ED46s than 45s at this rate  :grin:

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #349 on: 08 October 2021, 16:40 »

What was your previous build week King Monkey?

2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI