Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84914 times)

Offline Domster

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTI Edition 45 in White
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #280 on: 24 September 2021, 20:51 »
So after a few months of not knowing when my 45 was due in at the dealer and constant complaining, yesterday I got the news it has arrived. Has taken 6 weeks from being told it was ‘on the boat’ to it arriving at the dealer.

My spec is very standard as I didn’t want to go over the 40k threshold. Really like it in white with the contrast black roof and mirrors.

Was in between the R and 45, but opted for the 45 as hated the standard wheels on the R and I think in time the 45 might be more desirable on the used market. Put like this where I live there re 3 R’s so quite common compared to the 45. Only my opinion mind and I might be wrong!

Sort of feel blessed hearing the other stories on here around delays as at least the car I here. If anyone is wondering I ordered the car in June.

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #281 on: 25 September 2021, 06:54 »
Congratulations. That was a fast one.
I wish I have your wheels    :cry:
Good decision to go for white it’s contrast very well with ED45 stickers decor better than most colour.
I’ve got white GTi too, it’s surprising easy to keep clean and looking clean than my gray metallic seat loen.
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #282 on: 25 September 2021, 07:40 »
So after a few months of not knowing when my 45 was due in at the dealer and constant complaining, yesterday I got the news it has arrived. Has taken 6 weeks from being told it was ‘on the boat’ to it arriving at the dealer.

My spec is very standard as I didn’t want to go over the 40k threshold. Really like it in white with the contrast black roof and mirrors.

Was in between the R and 45, but opted for the 45 as hated the standard wheels on the R and I think in time the 45 might be more desirable on the used market. Put like this where I live there re 3 R’s so quite common compared to the 45. Only my opinion mind and I might be wrong!

Sort of feel blessed hearing the other stories on here around delays as at least the car I here. If anyone is wondering I ordered the car in June.

That’s great news Domster and cannot wait to see the pics once the car is prepared. One point, if I am not mistaken you will still be liable for luxury car tax as that is based on RRP at the time of registration and VW increased the price by around £800 a few months ago, so even the base ED45 is liable for luxury car tax.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Domster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #283 on: 25 September 2021, 08:26 »
Interesting. The bill of sale should be when you purchased the car and not when it was registered. I was told it was under the 40k by the dealer, but I will need to double check this. My invoice is showing the car under 40k.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #284 on: 25 September 2021, 09:05 »
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/586799/ved-reform-webinar-presentation-10-january-2017.pdf

What is list price?
 The list price is the retail price published by the manufacturer, importer or distributor of the vehicle.
 DVLA is provided with the list price by the manufacturer/importer.
The list price is the price on the day before the date on which the
vehicle will be taxed and registered for the first time.

Some practical examples: https://www.am-online.com/data/ved-rules-from-april-2017

« Last Edit: 25 September 2021, 09:14 by phope »
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #285 on: 25 September 2021, 09:06 »
Interesting. The bill of sale should be when you purchased the car and not when it was registered. I was told it was under the 40k by the dealer, but I will need to double check this. My invoice is showing the car under 40k.

The actual price you pay for the car is the price you agree with the dealer when you placed the order. However, whether the car falls into the luxury VED rate for years 2-6 is based on the car’s list price (excluding the first registration fee and the cost of the first year’s VED) at the time the car is first registered.

So even if the original purchase invoice shows the price you agreed with the dealer at less than £40k, as @Paul70 has said, if the list price (ex first year’s VED and first reg. fee) is now in excess of £40k, you’ll be liable for the additional luxury VED for the five years from year 2 VED.

BTW, car looks great :cool:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Domster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #286 on: 25 September 2021, 09:18 »
Where has this price increase come from of the list price of the 45? Dealer has just told me the list price of the car is still under 40k for a standard without extras. I am assuming DVLA have a link to manufacturers list prices to work out tax?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #287 on: 25 September 2021, 09:30 »
Unfortunately, just before the 45 sales stopped, it went up enough to get into the luxury tax band. It was £41k ish I think. Could be wrong though.

Really good to see someone getting a car. Mine slipped to WEEK 7 before going back to 48. Ordered early June. Crackers.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Domster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #288 on: 25 September 2021, 09:51 »
Hopefully the admin team are going to clarify Monday ref the tax situation on that car.

I really do hope people get their cars they ordered ages ago soon. Seems no logic to me on build dates etc. I bought a car already ordered by the dealer (they had this and 3 golf R in standard spec ordered so I had a choice).  So even though I ordered In Jun, add some time before that when they had their order in. Obviously I think the only silver lining to all this rubbish is the lack of cars will hike the used market down the road as cars that would normally flood the forecourt won’t be there and will make limited edition cars more desirable. Doesn’t make the wait any better mind.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #289 on: 25 September 2021, 10:48 »
Where has this price increase come from of the list price of the 45? Dealer has just told me the list price of the car is still under 40k for a standard without extras. I am assuming DVLA have a link to manufacturers list prices to work out tax?

Copy of page below from the latest Golf spec and price list brochure which shows the Clubsport 45 list price as £40,715. From this figure needs to be deducted the first year VED and first registration fee. CO2 emissions are 168g/km which means first year VED is £555. First year registration fee is £55. Deducting these two figures (£610) from the on the road RRP of £40,715 gives a figure of  £40,105 which just pushes the standard spec Clubsport 45 into the luxury VED band.

Seems there was a price increase yesterday (price list dated 24/09/2021) so the dealer may have been using the previous price list which presumably had a lower list price for the Clubsport 45?

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl