Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84540 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline DB99

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #241 on: 11 September 2021, 20:21 »
Actually looks quite nice in Kings Red, which wouldn’t have been top of my list in terms of colour choices.

280kmph  :laugh:

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #242 on: 11 September 2021, 20:58 »
When I’ve seen kings red in the flesh it’s looked stunning in some lights and very burgundy in others.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #243 on: 12 September 2021, 18:50 »
The more I see kings red on reviews, the less anxious I feel. I agonised for three days over the colour before going for red, still not 100% certain I’ve made the right choice. My original quote I requested was actually oryx white.

I see the 45 has been removed from the VW UK new car Configurator now too.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #244 on: 13 September 2021, 22:52 »
The more I see kings red on reviews, the less anxious I feel. I agonised for three days over the colour before going for red, still not 100% certain I’ve made the right choice. My original quote I requested was actually oryx white.

I see the 45 has been removed from the VW UK new car Configurator now too.

The red is Amazing do not worry. I wish I could have had it on my R order.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #245 on: 14 September 2021, 06:22 »
No update on my car, it’s now in the 8th week of build. Dealer has no further information.

Surely a few weeks, even 3 or 4 weeks slippage from the confirmed build date is to be expected given the current situation but I am starting to feel my car is one of those lemons held in the QA area post production.

Has anyone a similar experience with extended build times? Once the build date is confirmed my understanding is all parts are available for the build, so any thoughts on what could be the reason for this kind of delay?
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #246 on: 14 September 2021, 08:38 »
No update on my car, it’s now in the 8th week of build. Dealer has no further information.

Surely a few weeks, even 3 or 4 weeks slippage from the confirmed build date is to be expected given the current situation but I am starting to feel my car is one of those lemons held in the QA area post production.

Has anyone a similar experience with extended build times? Once the build date is confirmed my understanding is all parts are available for the build, so any thoughts on what could be the reason for this kind of delay?

Delays in the current situation are likely to be the result of unexpected supplier issues further down the supply chain that weren’t anticipated by suppliers when they confirmed the parts availability to VW - e.g. Covid impact on suppliers workforces, inability of semiconductor manufacturers to fulfil existing orders to VW’s component manufacturers as quickly as originally anticipated.

I remember reading on one forum (not sure which - think it was a Seat forum) that cars are being built without certain semiconductor-reliant parts being fitted, and these incomplete builds then being moved to a storage facility until such time that the missing components were available. That could well be what’s happening within VW’s production facilities.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #247 on: 14 September 2021, 10:36 »

My car was similar. Originally week 27, they didn't start building it until week 30 and it wasn't released for shipping for another 6 weeks after that (It's currently on a boat as I type).

I don't think its a case of it being a "lemon". Its down to components shortages, my understanding is that some cars do end up waiting on parts, presumably parked up somewhere in or around the factory.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline mynameiskris

• Not said much yet
« Reply #248 on: 14 September 2021, 12:11 »
It could also have something to do with the HGV driver shortage due to Brexit.

I know supermarkets are suffering from long term goods shortages due to the loss of drivers so the vehicle industry might be suffering the same fate.
Current:
2021/22 Golf GTI, Manual, Pure White, Adelaide, Winter Pack, Reverse Camera.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #249 on: 14 September 2021, 21:03 »
Marvelous news... not...

Week 52 now.

Just gets worse and worse
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)