Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 85590 times)

Offline Golfist

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #160 on: 11 August 2021, 19:15 »
There is a hierarchy of dealers... Some get their orders sooner than others.

All sorts of buggery goes on...

Out of pure curiosity.. how did you come to that conclusion?
Ordered: MK8 GTI CS-45 Kings Red (?)
Current: MK7 GTD 3dr Limestone Grey (65)
Previous: MK7 GTD 5dr Limestone Grey (16)
Previous: MK7 GT Deep Black Pearl (13)

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #161 on: 11 August 2021, 19:38 »
As I understand it, each dealer is allocated a certain amount of factory builds - usually on a quarterly basis.

Their quota of slots will depend on a variety of things - previous sales volumes against targets, model type and trim, etc resulting in a higher quota for high performing dealerships. It also helps smaller dealerships have (in theory), equal access to factory ordering in proportion to their bigger competitors stopping them squeezing smaller dealerships out of orders.

A high performing dealership might then go to VW UK and request extra capacity for orders, or might do VW UK a favour, take a batch of slow selling cars/quirky specification ones to clear them from VW UK stock and get some extra build slots for in demand tasty stuff as a reward.

Take a batch of ten solid brown rental spec Passat that have been stuck in a compound at the docks, and get an extra 2 build slots for a Golf R, for example

When you submit your order and the dealer accepts your order, you're not guaranteeing a production slot for your car; this slot depends on a few things, like

When in the dealer's order cycle the order is placed - the dealer may have used up its build allocations, so you will need to wait until the next quarter

The extras that have been requested - some options take longer to be ready for production than others
« Last Edit: 11 August 2021, 19:50 by phope »
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #162 on: 11 August 2021, 20:12 »
Now for the truth  :grin:

Dealers are allocated a monthly quota based on previous sales achievements and there annual target.

There is no separation of trim within the model quota. So if my quota was 20 Golf I could order 20 GTI edition 45’s for example.

If you place an order with a retailer that has already ordered their quota your order will remain on a wait list with that retailer till they have quota for the fact to to accept that order. This can of course be months……

Dealers who often heavily discount their cars will of course sell out of their quota sooner and as a result delivery times with dealer that participate on carwow, DTD etc often have longer lead times.

There is no option for a retailer to take 2 piece of crap Brown Passat Saloons in exchange to increase their factory quota  :grin:

Factory option  that delay cars have never been communicated to retailers for us to explain to customers. Right Mr customer of you forget about the rear camera you might get your car this decade  :laugh:

Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #163 on: 11 August 2021, 20:22 »

Dealers are allocated a monthly quota based on previous sales achievements and there annual target.

There is no separation of trim within the model quota. So if my quota was 20 Golf I could order 20 GTI edition 45’s for example.

If you place an order with a retailer that has already ordered their quota your order will remain on a wait list with that retailer till they have quota for the fact to to accept that order. This can of course be months……

Dealers who often heavily discount their cars will of course sell out of their quota sooner and as a result delivery times with dealer that participate on carwow, DTD etc often have longer lead times.

There is no option for a retailer to take 2 piece of crap Brown Passat Saloons in exchange to increase their factory quota  :grin:

Factory option  that delay cars have never been communicated to retailers for us to explain to customers. Right Mr customer of you forget about the rear camera you might get your car this decade  :laugh:

:grin:

Interesting to hear straight from your side of things - I was just relaying what another new car sales manager told me last year, when he was bemoaning having to take delivery of what he considered less desirable stock (some of which had already arrived on the forecourt) in order to gain some favours with a VW regional manager for some extra in demand models

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #164 on: 12 August 2021, 11:49 »

:grin:

Interesting to hear straight from your side of things - I was just relaying what another new car sales manager told me last year, when he was bemoaning having to take delivery of what he considered less desirable stock (some of which had already arrived on the forecourt) in order to gain some favours with a VW regional manager for some extra in demand models

Was he trying to sell you a solid brown passat at the time!!!  :grin:
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #165 on: 12 August 2021, 12:38 »
Funnily enough, yes it was some unappealing shade of base spec Passat, after enquiring about a new build Tiguan and a used Arteon - was showing me a list of new Passats he had for immediate delivery to get me off the idea of the used Arteon, and was explaining why they all had identical spec, bar choice of 1/2 colours
« Last Edit: 12 August 2021, 12:42 by phope »

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #166 on: 17 August 2021, 16:40 »
My build week has moved forward to……..week 45. How apt!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #167 on: 17 August 2021, 16:53 »
I called also.

Now showing unconfirmed build of week 44. First week of November. Previous unconfirmed build week given to me two weeks ago was week 40

I'm back on week 40 again but Still unconfirmed
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #168 on: 17 August 2021, 19:10 »
I was told today that the wait for a standard gti is now 54 weeks. Wow.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #169 on: 19 August 2021, 12:40 »
I was told today that the wait for a standard gti is now 54 weeks. Wow.

There’s an item on the BBC website today on semiconductor shortages. Toyota are cutting vehicle production by 40% next month. VW have said they may have to cut output further and that they expect chip supply in Q3 to be ‘volatile and tight’.

Hopefully the 54 week lead time for a GTI makes allowance for this, otherwise 54 weeks might become a bigger number………… :shocked:

Link to BBC news item below;
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58266794
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl