Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84846 times)

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #140 on: 06 August 2021, 21:59 »
The ED45 has a black roof but I admit the description is a little unclear.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #141 on: 07 August 2021, 10:10 »
Ordered 3rd July;

GTI Clubsport 45
King’s Red
DCC
H/K Audio
Winter Pack

Build week estimated at 42! Mid October.. Maybe!!

I ordered a Clubsport first week of January, original date was July, then the end of September now it’s the end of November. I wonder if VW are prioritising 45’s over Clubsport to get them all out before the end of the year.
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #142 on: 07 August 2021, 10:25 »
Ordered 3rd July;

GTI Clubsport 45
King’s Red
DCC
H/K Audio
Winter Pack

I ordered a Clubsport first week of January, original date was July, then the end of September now it’s the end of November. I wonder if VW are prioritising 45’s over Clubsport to get them all out before the end of the year.

I think your spot on with that - seeing as mechanically (apart from the exhaust) they are the same as normal Clubsports, the 45’s would suffer from lack of semiconductors aswell. VW might be allocating all the chips to get the 45’s built and out of the way. My Clubsport has now slipped to bw51 so Jan delivery
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Golfist

• Not said much yet
« Reply #143 on: 08 August 2021, 19:39 »
Ordered 3rd July;

GTI Clubsport 45
King’s Red
DCC
H/K Audio
Winter Pack

I think your spot on with that - seeing as mechanically (apart from the exhaust) they are the same as normal Clubsports, the 45’s would suffer from lack of semiconductors aswell. VW might be allocating all the chips to get the 45’s built and out of the way. My Clubsport has now slipped to bw51 so Jan delivery

I’ll be honest I have no idea how they prioritise which order they build first, however the situation over the weekend has actually improved. It’s now gone to stage 3 with a build week confirmation, spoke with the dealership and it’s now week 38.

Yes you’re probably right, what’s the point of a 45 year anniversary edition car delivered in year 46? Lol. This also may have something to do with it... I did read somewhere VW are currently prioritising “premium models” purely because those vehicles bring in more cash. So yes they are mechanically the same but that extra price may move them above a “standard” clubsport. Who knows!!
Ordered: MK8 GTI CS-45 Kings Red (?)
Current: MK7 GTD 3dr Limestone Grey (65)
Previous: MK7 GTD 5dr Limestone Grey (16)
Previous: MK7 GT Deep Black Pearl (13)

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #144 on: 09 August 2021, 14:15 »
Ordered 3rd July;

GTI Clubsport 45
King’s Red
DCC
H/K Audio
Winter Pack

Where did you get the BW update? Dealer? My last update was exactly the same as the day i ordered.
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #145 on: 09 August 2021, 14:20 »
Ordered 3rd July;

GTI Clubsport 45
King’s Red
DCC
H/K Audio
Winter Pack

Where did you get the BW update? Dealer? My last update was exactly the same as the day i ordered.

Just call VW customer services or use the online chat, give them your order number and it takes a few mins. Dealers are mostly clueless and some just straight up lie lol
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #146 on: 10 August 2021, 08:40 »
I tried the online chat and was told their policy is not to pass on unconfirmed build weeks.  :cry:

(Normal CS Ordered 22nd April, repurposed dealer order, been at stage 2 since then)
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #147 on: 10 August 2021, 08:43 »
I tried the online chat and was told their policy is not to pass on unconfirmed build weeks.  :cry:

(Normal CS Ordered 22nd April, repurposed dealer order, been at stage 2 since then)

That’s either a brand new policy in the last couple of days or you’ve been fobbed off

I wonder if they are getting so many calls/ chats asking the same thing they can’t take the volume

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #148 on: 10 August 2021, 08:54 »
Here is a bit from the chat

Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #149 on: 10 August 2021, 09:37 »
Here is a bit from the chat

Your right, I just tried VW chat who were useless and wouldn't give me the info. So I called them and got my unconfirmed build week in a few minutes - 0800333666 option 7

Now jumped to bw 49. Also I asked about if ED45's were being pushed through first, the rep wouldn't confirm 100% but said it makes sense that the ED45's will be built as a priority first given thats the whole point in ED45 to be delivered this year or as close to as possible.