Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84870 times)

VW_Golf_nut

Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #110 on: 24 July 2021, 17:37 »
Are the order books still open for the Edition 45?
« Last Edit: 24 July 2021, 17:40 by VW_Golf_nut »

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #111 on: 24 July 2021, 18:27 »
My mate’s Ed-45 is currently in Emden waiting on a boat. I’d say it’ll be the first one in Ireland.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #112 on: 24 July 2021, 18:56 »

I presume so. Aren’t they supposed to be open all year? I did wonder at first if they had to be built this year but obviously not!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #113 on: 24 July 2021, 19:00 »
I hope so as reconsidering placing an order for one...Anyone close to getting one in the UK as yet?

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #114 on: 25 July 2021, 07:57 »
How are people financing there Edition 45 orders? I haven't used VW Finance before, are they offering competitive PCP deals? I would be looking for a 36mth contract, say £6000 deposit....Be glad of peoples comments/advice please?

Offline indublin

• GTI forum regular
  • "Hotel California" forum.... you can log off anyti
« Reply #115 on: 26 July 2021, 20:19 »

I presume so. Aren’t they supposed to be open all year? I did wonder at first if they had to be built this year but obviously not!

And now he is starting to get excited ;)

Steel Grey 2006 GTi 3-Door - Monza II's - Tinted Rear Windows - Arm Rest

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #116 on: 26 July 2021, 21:20 »
How are people financing there Edition 45 orders? I haven't used VW Finance before, are they offering competitive PCP deals? I would be looking for a 36mth contract, say £6000 deposit....Be glad of peoples comments/advice please?

Personal loan at 3%. Will take the finance to get the contribution and pay it off. Did this with my R and would still have been doing well if the current car market explosion hadn’t have happened. I look at used car valuations for 2 years old, 3 years etc and find a good tipping point where I’ll give myself the best chance of being in equity. By the time my CS45 comes I’ll get all my money back I put into the R plus anywhere from £5-7k. Bonus.

Personally, I’d never put more than £2k into a pcp as you’ll never get it back. Well, maybe in this crazy time! Car finance is exceptionally personal to your circumstances. There’s no right way to do it imo.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #117 on: 26 July 2021, 22:00 »

Personal loan at 3%. Will take the finance to get the contribution and pay it off. Did this with my R and would still have been doing well if the current car market explosion hadn’t have happened. I look at used car valuations for 2 years old, 3 years etc and find a good tipping point where I’ll give myself the best chance of being in equity. By the time my CS45 comes I’ll get all my money back I put into the R plus anywhere from £5-7k. Bonus.

Personally, I’d never put more than £2k into a pcp as you’ll never get it back. Well, maybe in this crazy time! Car finance is exceptionally personal to your circumstances. There’s no right way to do it imo.

Understand, so my plan to put a lot up front to keep the monthlies down is not a wise one by the sounds....?

Have most people gone PCP with there Ed45 orders or are some buying outright to take advantage of deals from DTD etc?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #118 on: 26 July 2021, 22:05 »
If it’s right for you then it’s a good plan. I expect most people will go pcp.

Good luck wherever you do and let us know how you get on.  :smiley:

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #119 on: 26 July 2021, 22:30 »
Have most people gone PCP with there Ed45 orders or are some buying outright to take advantage of deals from DTD etc?

You can buy through DTD to take advantage of their prices and VW’s PCP deposit contribution even if buying outright. If do intend to buy outright, you can withdraw from the PCP (notify VWFS of your intention to do this within the 14 day cooling off period) and you get to keep the finance deposit contribution :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl