Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 85148 times)

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #100 on: 13 July 2021, 18:12 »
You aren't missing much with the tracker we have. It breaks every Monday, I randomly get texts telling me it's the same stage it has been for months and to get it updated I had to remove the car and add it again

What colour and options do you have?
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #101 on: 13 July 2021, 18:23 »
You aren't missing much with the tracker we have. It breaks every Monday, I randomly get texts telling me it's the same stage it has been for months and to get it updated I had to remove the car and add it again

What colour and options do you have?

My car is a standard CS, silver, DCC, estorils, winter pack and camera.
My mate’s car (which definitely is in production according to NADCON) is an Ed45, moonstone, DCC, camera and winter pack.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #102 on: 16 July 2021, 22:34 »
Hi folks so I’m new to this forum and some interesting entries here. I have also decided to go fit and order a new E45 having just sold my Mk 7 performance pack model which i owned for 6 years.

Anyway from T.Wells VW I ordered on the 19/06 the following spec.
Moonstone grey.
DCC
Panoramic sunroof.
Discover nav pro
Digital key
Proactive passenger protection
Winter pack with heated rear seats
HK sounds system
Head up display
Rear view camera

Been told an initial date of end of October as the delays by the looks of it are they are building the 22 MY spec and so builds stopped. I suppose it is what it is but looking for the car when it arrives.I am getting the feeling we won’t see many of these on the roads.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #103 on: 23 July 2021, 08:21 »
Story doing the rounds is builds being delayed until March 2022.

Anyone had any confirmed build weeks yet?

Beginning to wonder if I can wait that long!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #104 on: 23 July 2021, 08:58 »

Read this....

https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287934.0

Evo there is a VW dealer...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #105 on: 23 July 2021, 09:14 »

It won’t just be VW who are experiencing longer lead times - semiconductor supply shortages and Covid (workforce infections and the need to self isolate) will be affecting other car manufacturers too, so you may be no better off if you cancel your order and look at alternative cars from other manufacturers.

If you’re lucky enough to find an alternative new or nearly new car in stock at a dealers in a colour / spec that you’d be happy with, with the way prices are going you’d probably pay a premium, and the chances are the dealer would be unwilling to negotiate on the price as they’re struggling to get stock at the moment. I read on another forum of one VW dealer who’s so short of stock they’ve taken to parking their used car display vehicles diagonally to fill the blank spaces on the forecourt to create the impression they’ve got more cars for sale than they actually have. :shocked:

To put a positive spin on the long lead times - at least it gives VW a chance to develop and roll out software fixes, and a March 2022 (or later) delivery would be a 22 plate :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #106 on: 23 July 2021, 14:53 »
So just had an email from my dealer. He said there’s a 2-3 week delay and mine has a provisional build week of 50 so wb 13th December. Bearing in mind I was initially told sept/Oct delivery that’s a bit longer. Again, I’m not bothered personally but thought this info might be useful.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #107 on: 23 July 2021, 15:44 »

It won’t just be VW who are experiencing longer lead times - semiconductor supply shortages and Covid (workforce infections and the need to self isolate) will be affecting other car manufacturers too, so you may be no better off if you cancel your order and look at alternative cars from other manufacturers.

If you’re lucky enough to find an alternative new or nearly new car in stock at a dealers in a colour / spec that you’d be happy with, with the way prices are going you’d probably pay a premium, and the chances are the dealer would be unwilling to negotiate on the price as they’re struggling to get stock at the moment. I read on another forum of one VW dealer who’s so short of stock they’ve taken to parking their used car display vehicles diagonally to fill the blank spaces on the forecourt to create the impression they’ve got more cars for sale than they actually have. :shocked:

To put a positive spin on the long lead times - at least it gives VW a chance to develop and roll out software fixes, and a March 2022 (or later) delivery would be a 22 plate :smiley:.

agreed

I can see a normal CS available at a dealer 2nd hand, so getting the itch

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #108 on: 23 July 2021, 15:45 »
So just had an email from my dealer. He said there’s a 2-3 week delay and mine has a provisional build week of 50 so wb 13th December. Bearing in mind I was initially told sept/Oct delivery that’s a bit longer. Again, I’m not bothered personally but thought this info might be useful.

remind me when you ordered yours again?

Edit found it:  07 June 2021

I ordered mine in May, no build week for me yet,  from memory you ordered same dealer as me, was the sale person James? I emailed him and he is off until monday
« Last Edit: 23 July 2021, 15:48 by ash_rage »

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #109 on: 23 July 2021, 16:29 »

remind me when you ordered yours again?

Edit found it:  07 June 2021.

I ordered mine in May, no build week for me yet,  from memory you ordered same dealer as me, was the sale person James? I emailed him and he is off until monday

I ordered from Vw Manchester. As usual there’s nothing on the app, just info from the dealer
« Last Edit: 24 July 2021, 18:55 by king monkey »
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.