Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84755 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #90 on: 01 July 2021, 16:55 »
Sooooo adding rear view camera will add 10 weeks to the delivery time. I don’t think I’ll bother.  :whistle:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #91 on: 12 July 2021, 19:33 »

Golf ✅
Harman Kardon ✅
DSG✅
Right hand drive✅

20 week wait ❌
2021 delivery ❌

« Last Edit: 12 July 2021, 19:36 by ash_rage »
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #92 on: 13 July 2021, 00:30 »

Golf ✅
Harman Kardon ✅
DSG✅
Right hand drive✅

20 week wait ❌
2021 delivery ❌

The only positive I’m drawing from this situation is hopefully by the time there all built  newer  software updates will have been rolled out to iron out all the bugs

Going to be a long winter waiting for the clubsports to arrive, I never liked the look of a 71 plate, much rather a 22 plate  :grin:

My dealer was absolutely sure of delivery by the end of September, he didn’t mention which year though lol
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 13 July 2021, 07:51 »
Has anyone ever known it to happen for a car to have a confirmed BW and for that week to come and go and car still not gone into production? My car was (and still is, as of yesterday) confirmed BW27, which was last week, but it still has a status of “scheduled” rather than “in production” on the dealer system. I’m hoping it’s a short delay but fearful it could be a long one and I’ll see that BW27 pushed way out. I did think that once it was confirmed it was confirmed but who knows.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #94 on: 13 July 2021, 07:58 »
Has anyone ever known it to happen for a car to have a confirmed BW and for that week to come and go and car still not gone into production? My car was (and still is, as of yesterday) confirmed BW27, which was last week, but it still has a status of “scheduled” rather than “in production” on the dealer system. I’m hoping it’s a short delay but fearful it could be a long one and I’ll see that BW27 pushed way out. I did think that once it was confirmed it was confirmed but who knows.

Try deleting the car off the VW tracker and re-adding it. That tracker is flaky at best. It’s not unknown by deleting and re-adding it updates the tracker
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 13 July 2021, 08:03 »

Try deleting the car off the VW tracker and re-adding it. That tracker is flaky at best. It’s not unknown by deleting and re-adding it updates the tracker

I’m in Ireland and we don’t have an online tracker that customers can use. My information is directly from the dealer, he’s shown me the car on the internal system. Still (as of early yesterday) on BW27 but not yet in production.

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #96 on: 13 July 2021, 16:07 »

I’m in Ireland and we don’t have an online tracker that customers can use. My information is directly from the dealer, he’s shown me the car on the internal system. Still (as of early yesterday) on BW27 but not yet in production.

I think what build weeks the dealer says can't be trusted. In most cases they just tell you what you want to hear until the point that it is proven to be wrong.

If what you were told was true then you would be the only person I've heard of with a BW for a E45 outside of mainland Europe or Sweden

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #97 on: 13 July 2021, 16:19 »

I think what build weeks the dealer says can't be trusted. In most cases they just tell you what you want to hear until the point that it is proven to be wrong.

If what you were told was true then you would be the only person I've heard of with a BW for a E45 outside of mainland Europe or Sweden

Well I'm afraid you'd be wrong there.

He has a CS-45 currently in production (BW-27, the same as mine is supposed to be). So assuming that car doesn't get stuck mid-build, it should appear here within a month or so!

And in terms of the BW he's telling me - he is sending me screenshots of their internal system, the system that is linked directly to the factory. So he's not spoofing. My only query was, why its still "Scheduled" versus "in production".

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #98 on: 13 July 2021, 17:44 »

He has a CS-45 currently in production (BW-27, the same as mine is supposed to be). So assuming that car doesn't get stuck mid-build, it should appear here within a month or so!

And in terms of the BW he's telling me - he is sending me screenshots of their internal system, the system that is linked directly to the factory. So he's not spoofing. My only query was, why its still "Scheduled" versus "in production".

Cool so RHD E45 aren't delayed til next year as being reported.

I'll happily be wrong

BTW this isn't my first rodeo with vw. Had screenshot from dealers systems for my previous golfs and all transpired to be wrong.

But again happy to be wrong and see these RHD e45 in a month
« Last Edit: 13 July 2021, 17:48 by ash_rage »

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 13 July 2021, 17:56 »

Cool so RHD E45 aren't delayed til next year as being reported.

I'll happily be wrong

BTW this isn't my first rodeo with vw. Had screenshot from dealers systems for my previous golfs and all transpired to be wrong.

But again happy to be wrong and see these RHD e45 in a month

Oh, not my first rodeo either! I've been here with them a few times before.

Unfortunately we have to rely on the dealers here for updates. We don't have a customer-facing tracker. But to be fair, he is sending me screenshots of the status of the car on his system, the system that is directly linked to the factory. So he only knows as much as what that system in front of him is telling him. Which I suspect is a bit more accurate and granular than a flashy website tracker that tells you the car is at "Stage 2" (whatever that means).

Beyond that, all he can do is chase VW on my behalf, find out why the car is stalled at stage X despite showing a scheduled build week that has been and gone.

I believe the system the dealer uses is "NADCON" - all the dealers use it afaik... its how they track the cars internally.

« Last Edit: 13 July 2021, 18:02 by JoeGTI »