Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 85830 times)

VW_Golf_nut

Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #510 on: 23 January 2022, 21:24 »
Is anyone able to advise if there is the possibility tp buy a vehicle that's on a PCH from the lease/finance provider?

Yes it's possible. Although you'd need to contact the lease company and they are not obliged to sell.

Thank you, appreciate that. I guess if they were it would be some form of settlement figure similar to a PCP?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #511 on: 23 January 2022, 21:39 »
They'll give you a cash price if they feel like it but bear in mind if it's mid lease they'll probably want the balance of the lease on top of their book value of the car...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #512 on: 23 January 2022, 21:49 »
Is anyone able to advise if there is the possibility tp buy a vehicle that's on a PCH from the lease/finance provider?

Yes it's possible. Although you'd need to contact the lease company and they are not obliged to sell.

Thank you, appreciate that. I guess if they were it would be some form of settlement figure similar to a PCP?

It's usually somewhere around book price +/-. But as Fred says if you still have payments to make then you'd probably still have to make them. If you buy at the end of a lease then they just give you a cash price, take it or leave it.
7.5 GTD

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #513 on: 24 January 2022, 18:25 »
Folks thanks for your kind words about the car and yes it worth the wait, so those that are waiting hopefully you won’t be unimpressed with your purchase. The dealer where I got mine from said that is the only one they will have. The main sales manager explained at the time that VW were very cute in that they had actually only specified a short time period that these were all sale from with the dealerships and each sale was reviewed, which was not portrayed when us (the customer) went to order them.
Must admit I have come back to the car in town with people looking around it. Normally a conversation with whoever is looking follows asking me all about it. Does make you feel good I suppose and why you spend extra on the anniversary models. Certainly not many on the road so when people see them they tend to look. Plus the white and grey models really do hit the spot in my opinion.

I was talking to the dealer who sold me mine and they only got 1 x 45 so think they will be desirable in time.

My 4 months of driving it I love it, really well built and performance is really good. Would I change anything….well yes I would. My car does not have DCC so the ride is ultra on the firm side all the time and i can’t dial it out for longer trips. I also find that the tyres can’t grip when dumping power onto a wet surface. Literally feather the gas and wheels are spinning like mad. Golf R drivers don’t have that issue. That said dry road and less weight really means it flies once your up and running and feels far nimbler than the R’s I have drove.

Out of interest has anyone else noticed the AKRO takes a while to get going? Maybe it’s just me, but mine takes 5 mins or so before it starts to pop and crackle. Sport Mode gets it there a bit quicker mind.

O and if anyone is wondering (which you’re probably not as it’s a sports car) I had 40mpg on a run up to Leeds in it. Had it in eco mode for a while, but was impressed with that.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #514 on: 24 January 2022, 18:38 »
I'm really looking forward to mine now, dealer has advised build next week but also warned that cars are still being built and stored until they have the conductor chips, so, not able to confirm a delivery date.

I ordered one as I missed my Edition 40 so much, but, will admit I'm slightly disappointed that VW have now introduced the Performance Pack for the Clubsport that will mean you can spec one to more or less look identical to an Edition 45, same wheels, Akrapovic exhaust, colours etc, bar the 45 badges, which will no doubt be possible to buy and retrofit....

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #515 on: 24 January 2022, 19:11 »
I'm really looking forward to mine now, dealer has advised build next week but also warned that cars are still being built and stored until they have the conductor chips, so, not able to confirm a delivery date.

I ordered one as I missed my Edition 40 so much, but, will admit I'm slightly disappointed that VW have now introduced the Performance Pack for the Clubsport that will mean you can spec one to more or less look identical to an Edition 45, same wheels, Akrapovic exhaust, colours etc, bar the 45 badges, which will no doubt be possible to buy and retrofit....

I can’t see the performance pack on the configurator, are you in the uk? And if so, did I miss it or was it another one of those website configurator bugs that VW had like the rear wing on the standard Golf R?

One things that’s just amazed me during that exercise was the price, I’ve just spec’d a clubsport as close as possible to my 45 order (kings red, DCC, HK, heated front seats and 19” black Estorils (the ones I’d choose))…. £42160…. Wow, just wow! That is a huge increase since I ordered last May and I paid a significant amount less than that for the 45.

I’d seen on here about the price rises but didn’t realise it was so much and the fact that if I’d ordered the clubsport instead of the 45 to save the luxury VED, I’d still had been hit by it anyway!
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #516 on: 24 January 2022, 19:23 »
Folks thanks for your kind words about the car and yes it worth the wait, so those that are waiting hopefully you won’t be unimpressed with your purchase. The dealer where I got mine from said that is the only one they will have. The main sales manager explained at the time that VW were very cute in that they had actually only specified a short time period that these were all sale from with the dealerships and each sale was reviewed, which was not portrayed when us (the customer) went to order them.

It does look very nice, I was so close to ordering grey or Oryx white, hope I don’t regret my choice, I’ve still not seen red in the flesh, there’s a moonstone GTD in our town and a white R in the area too.

It sounds like they are quite limited, you’re the third (including myself) to say that it’s the only 45 that a dealer has had. Makes me wonder that if VW intended on limiting supply, why didn’t they announce this from the start and consider numbering them with a plaque, it would have made the 45 special in its own right in lieu of the lack of any performance upgrades that some critics complained about.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #517 on: 24 January 2022, 19:30 »
Yes, I'm in UK, see below link, there is the option to add the PP with the Scottsdale rims or Estoril/Adelaide rims.

https://konfigurator.volkswagen.cz/cc-cz/cs_CZ_VW19/V/design/075/CD19VZ04/5K5K/UG/@/@/exterior?variant=GTI%20Club

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #518 on: 24 January 2022, 19:40 »
I think that options been on that website a while. Might be mistaken but I’m sure it’s now we first heard the rumours of the CS45.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #519 on: 25 January 2022, 06:29 »