Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84823 times)

Offline Pelmiester

• Just got here
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #440 on: 10 December 2021, 12:23 »
Booooooom, just had the "your car is in the UK" call. Hopefully an early Christmas present.
Cs ed45. HUD, Pure white, sunroof, HK stereo, DCC, winter pack ordered beginning of May.

Online BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #441 on: 10 December 2021, 12:40 »
Let's hope Santa can get it down the chimney Pelmiester!

Glad to know new cars are still a thing despite all the problems.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the HUD, as I had it in a 5 series and I'd be keen to get it in my next car.  Also, let us know what version of software you get please.

But, most of all, enjoy!!

Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #442 on: 10 December 2021, 13:10 »
The HUD is OK. I just wish it had a few more capabilities.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #443 on: 10 December 2021, 20:27 »
So the car has been pdi’d and the salesman said after checking the cars extras all over he did notice the rear view camera was the only thing missing from the factory build. So they have ordered the part which can be retrofitted but it’s on back order hence probably why it wasn’t fitted at the factory. Collecting the car on Xmas eve. Dealer has been brill thrown on lots of other nice little VW GTi merchandise bits as compo till it arrives. Here’s two more piccies.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #444 on: 10 December 2021, 21:54 »
Car looks great! Interesting about the rear view camera. So it’s possible to retrofit? Anyone know the cost?
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #445 on: 11 December 2021, 06:46 »
Car looks great! Interesting about the rear view camera. So it’s possible to retrofit? Anyone know the cost?

No idea of the dealer price,but you can do it yourself for around £400

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #446 on: 11 December 2021, 07:00 »

Thanks for the info. Are there any guides, part numbers etc out there for this or anyone who’s actually done it?
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #447 on: 11 December 2021, 09:30 »

Thanks for the info. Are there any guides, part numbers etc out there for this or anyone who’s actually done it?

Not seen any although the camera and wiring are both on eBay ,and I believe it can be activated via OBDeleven.

I got the price as I read a post by someone who had done it….but they did no guide.

Offline dfm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #448 on: 11 December 2021, 10:50 »
Looks superb MaggotsRus

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #449 on: 11 December 2021, 12:23 »
So the car has been pdi’d and the salesman said after checking the cars extras all over he did notice the rear view camera was the only thing missing from the factory build. So they have ordered the part which can be retrofitted but it’s on back order hence probably why it wasn’t fitted at the factory. Collecting the car on Xmas eve. Dealer has been brill thrown on lots of other nice little VW GTi merchandise bits as compo till it arrives. Here’s two more piccies.

Same colour as mine! Do you have any pics of the interior please?