Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 100283 times)

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #360 on: 13 January 2022, 17:11 »
I was excited... Briefly.

No 16xx upgrade ffs.
 :angry: :angry: :angry:

My car is over a year old now and no bloody fix.

So my car goes in tomorrow for the keyless to be looked at and also the ‘big fix’.

I’m running 1788 so is it this TP2065639/1 reference I need to check is what they are doing?
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline Andy Gibbs

• Not said much yet
« Reply #361 on: 13 January 2022, 19:37 »
If the cars are updated by VW, How can it be they are all on different system OS build?

Offline daviegsxr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #362 on: 13 January 2022, 19:40 »
I’m booked in for the 9th & 10th Feb.

Car has to get a new steering wheel and software update.

Also a terrible creaking noise from the suspension when the car has been sitting parked for a few hours.
They have advised there is bushes to be lubricated.

Hope that’s the end of my troubles as I’m at my wits end!

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #363 on: 14 January 2022, 15:24 »
So, even though I gave my local VW garage the TPI reference for the new update, they have just called and said they can’t update mine to 1890! Mine has been updated but remains on 1788. The guy then asked if I had any faults to which I told him I had and that I mentioned them when I dropped it off. He has said I can now book it back in as they can claim warranty work to put me on the latest software from VW! What a joke. Why don’t they just put every car that goes in for software update on the latest one? Also, they say they can’t find a fault on the keyless but will recode both keys when it goes in next and see if this helps!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #364 on: 14 January 2022, 16:07 »
Yes, for the VW system the customer has to complain about specific problems (documented in the TPI) for the TPI to be available.... and even then it needs them to type precisely the wording in or it won't find it.

If they can't find the TPI, they can't request the warranty work from VW.... and in this case, can't get the software to download.

Imagine if you home computer or phone worked like this...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #365 on: 14 January 2022, 16:16 »
Ridiculous! What’s annoyed me the most is I told the guy this morning the issues I had with it, yet this didn’t seem enough to get the update. When he called this afternoon he asked again for the issues and said that it qualifies for the update, so will have to go back in.

It makes me think if they have done it on purpose to charge VW for the warranty work x 2!

Offline GtiJames

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #366 on: 15 January 2022, 07:03 »
Mine went in again earlier this week to fix the bricked infotainment system they left me with first time around and the squeaky front suspension.

Still running the following.. 

I can log in now but still get the front traffic hazard warning light pop up after a few minutes of driving.

They claimed they changed the ‘bump stops’ to fix my squeaky front suspension but that hasn’t fixed it still squeaking away so going back in for a third time now.

I am getting bored with the car and frustrated having to deal with such incompetence.

They tried to me give me an empty charged id3 as a hire car the other day and then a t-roc running on fumes it was so empty. I’m embarrassed for them, didn’t know things have got this bad at VW.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #367 on: 15 January 2022, 09:47 »
Yes James they won't touch 16xx at the moment, the upgrade for that isn't available yet and as above you need to specifically say about relevant faults for the TPI...

Ive got creaking front suspension too... Saving it for when the software upgrade is available though...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #368 on: 15 January 2022, 11:45 »
The thing that annoyed me the most is I did tell them I had faults that are specific to the new update, yet they didn’t apply it yesterday. I had to tell them again when they called to say the car was ready!

Anyway, just had the car alarm go off for 10 minutes and I couldn’t do anything about it. I could even drive it whilst it was still going off! Got the spare key and unlocked it and locked with that and seemed to work and turned it off!

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #369 on: 18 January 2022, 09:36 »

This should upgrade your software to version 1890
[/quote]
thank you for this information I took it to my auto dealer in Germany who keep insisting there is no new software for my car and I now have the 1890 since yesterday.
the settings are no Longer resetting to default and my assistant functions for speed warning is working so far.
Even automatic heated seats and steering works as supposed
Thanks

ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.