Author Topic: Dest's Candy White 3 door  (Read 9191 times)

Offline dest

• Not said much yet
Dest's Candy White 3 door
« on: 29 August 2016, 16:15 »
We picked this up on Thursday to replace a Mk5 GT TDI, it seemed a bit daft to have two diesels, as we also have a BMW 330d M Sport Touring for family and long distance/holiday duties.
So we got the GTI to upgrade the TDI and to have a bit more fun with!
We looked at every colour and decided white was easily the best, so then the search was on to find one with a decent spec and in good condition. I looked at some right dogs for sale with traders, and was starting to get disheartened until I spotted this one for sale privately on eBay.
It was only 50 miles away so I decided to at least have a look, and it had a good spec too.
I took it for a long test drive and couldn't fault it, so left a deposit to collect it a week later when I got back from holiday.
While away the seller put on a new pair of Bridgestones on the front, MOT'd it as promised in the advert and removed his plate.

Its done 59k, we are the 3rd owner and has full VW service history.
Spec wise, its got Dynaudio, RNS510, factory tinted windows, 18" Monza's, sunroof, and adaptive xenons.
I'm going to retrofit bluetooth, MDI, front and rear parking sensors with park assist and a few other bits and bobs.
It's also been lowered, I need to find out what springs are on it from the previous owner, but they're very good and not bouncy or crashy thankfully.

When I get the time I will give it a full machine polish and detail, but for now some pics as it is now:

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
Re: Dest's Candy White 3 door
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2016, 18:30 »
I agree regarding colour choice, it has a nice stance regarding it being lowered.Perhaps some rear LED's could be added.Nice looker,welcome.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline dest

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2016, 19:18 »
LED rears will be on the to do list after the other bits are sorted :)

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2016, 21:02 »
As there were so few colours available i only considered carbon steel grey, and white.
I would have liked green too.
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline dest

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2016, 21:13 »
We looked at black, which was nice but not sure I could live with it due to how much of a pain it is!
Red looked boring and I didn't think it suited it. The red stripe on the grill got lost and it just didn't look that special.
Plus my 330d is very rare in red, so two red cars would of annoyed me!
White was always first choice, and soon as we saw one we knew it was the right colour.

This is the red beast, perfect for long distance, its got tons of retrofitted stuff and was a good spec any way.
Plus its remapped to 300bhp / 500lbft too, so doesn't hang about :)

Offline dest

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2016, 00:56 »
Had a look at the springs today, was nice to see they're as good as new Eibachs  :smiley: