Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2779109 times)

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11900 on: 05 December 2021, 19:27 »

Looks good that ! any more daylight pics and pics of plate without surround?

Thanks mate! Haven’t had a chance to take many cos work and uni gets in the way haha but here’s one I took on the day 👍🏽 Got a day off tomorrow so gonna try clean her up a bit - can take some more pics/closer of the plate without surround if you’d like?

Definitely recommend getting rid of the surround and taping the front plate, much better than having the plate screwed in IMHO

Looks good. Tempted to do that to my front plate. Splitter looks good too with the blacked out badge.
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11901 on: 05 December 2021, 19:28 »
Also gave mine a wash today. Bl**dy freezing.

mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #11902 on: 08 December 2021, 22:13 »
Got the first MOT done today. Passed with no advisories.

It was actually booked in for MOT when I had the service done 2 weeks ago. They sent me the usual video. Suggested I replace 2 tyres which apparently had cuts in them. Couldn’t see the cuts myself but I could see the big yellow circles they had drawn on my perfectly good tyres.

I told them to remove the yellow circles and not bother with the MOT. Saved myself £250.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline dfm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11903 on: 09 December 2021, 11:04 »
I'm convinced the driver from VW ran over a massive nail when he took mine for an MOT. I declined their recommendation to replace the tyre.
« Last Edit: 09 December 2021, 13:27 by dfm »

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #11904 on: 09 December 2021, 13:17 »
A quick wash and then straight through for a clear Mot pass. 1900 miles covered in the last year!

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #11905 on: 09 December 2021, 15:36 »
Mine passed like a breeze on Monday, also had 3 year services, DSG fluid and filter and Haldex oil change and filter clean, 3 years old, just under 13k and loving it👍
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #11906 on: 09 December 2021, 18:10 »
Renewed my insurance today with a different company to get a better price.  About the same cost as last year but discovered in the quote process that a PP is less to insure than my car, a non PP. The agent could offer no explanation and had no clue about the differences in performance/features/spec. He just said that was what the system quoted for each of the cars. Maybe it’s the better brakes!   Has anyone else had this experience? Quite surprised by this and forgot to ask their response to potentially changing the wheels to non OEM even though they will be the same size. I suspect there may be a cost. :shocked:
« Last Edit: 09 December 2021, 18:18 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #11907 on: 09 December 2021, 18:29 »
Renewed my insurance today with a different company to get a better price.  About the same cost as last year but discovered in the quote process that a PP is less to insure than my car, a non PP. The agent could offer no explanation and had no clue about the differences in performance/features/spec. He just said that was what the system quoted for each of the cars. Maybe it’s the better brakes!   Has anyone else had this experience? Quite surprised by this and forgot to ask their response to potentially changing the wheels to non OEM even though they will be the same size. I suspect there may be a cost. :shocked:

It could be that your insurers claims history for the non PP version of the GTI is worse than it is for the PP and they’re reflecting this in their premiums.

Each insurer will have their own approach to replacement alloys. One insurer I used in the past even charged for changing the factory alloys to another set of OEM VW alloys of the same size / spec as the originals. The annual charge was only about £15, but nevertheless it was still a charge. Some insurers are fine with aftermarket alloys and will accept without charging an additional premium whereas others might make a small charge.
« Last Edit: 09 December 2021, 19:19 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline zainahmed48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11908 on: 09 December 2021, 19:49 »
Looks good. Tempted to do that to my front plate. Splitter looks good too with the blacked out badge.

Thank you mate appreciate it :cool: side skirts to come soon!
2018 Indium Grey MK7.5 GTi (Manual), 19" Brescia

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #11909 on: 09 December 2021, 21:53 »
Does the non-PP have front and rear parking sensors? That's a question asked on my renewal so could be the reason, also maybe the camera.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.