Author Topic: Buying a new key for your Golf or Bora  (Read 40255 times)

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
Re: Buying a new key for your Golf or Bora
« Reply #20 on: 04 February 2010, 18:44 »
Needing a little help here guys. Got a 2001 Gti. How do I find out if my key is immo2 or immo3.
Part no is: HLO 1JO 959 753 N.......

I had a horrible time trying to get a spare one of these.  Seems this part number can be confused between two freqs types (2000/2001 was some sort of "special year" with changes to the Golf).  I was lucky enough to find another same remote part on eBay.  Got it re-programmed at VW with a brand new blade front end from VW.

As for different cluster types, dunno, I'd recommend you go by part numbers and get VW involved along the way.  :wink:

Build thread clicky

Offline delboy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 18 March 2010, 19:59 »
so how much did it cost at the stealership for the key ?

Offline jnufcuk

• I live here
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
« Reply #22 on: 29 May 2011, 22:17 »
Hi this may be a stupid question but i have recently bought a 2002 aum gti and have only 1 key which isnt in the best condition (casing).

1) Can i buy the type 1 key and just get it cut so that i can use it as a spare?
2) the casing is in very bad condition so can i just buy a spare casing of ebay and swap the bits over?

Thanks guys
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9

Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #23 on: 28 November 2011, 18:20 »
Worth noting if you have got a KVW100 Autowindow module installed and you code in a new key / add a new key will lose the "One touch" roll up feature. You can still perform the hold "lock" button roll up.

You can restore the new key FOB for the "One touch" roll-up feature with the following :

Put your key into the ignition and turn the ignition switch to "ON", there is no need to start the vehicle
Plug the KVW100 into your OBD-II interface plug. Make sure it is a snug fit. The KVW100 will give a single long beep, once it is fitted properly
When the green led light on the KVW100 is on, hold the driver¡¯s door "lock" button
When you hear a long beep from the KVW100 again, release the door "lock" button
Wait for 2 minutes you will hear kvw100 give 3 short beep then pull it out (using the same USED kvw module originally used)

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #24 on: 12 February 2012, 16:06 »
A guide to switch the bottom part for a newer type

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2941881

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.