Author Topic: The one thing VW missed on the clubsport  (Read 4780 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: The one thing VW missed on the clubsport
« Reply #10 on: 18 February 2021, 16:06 »
Is that all it is?!

Maybe some nasty red wheels too.

Extra money on top for cup2 tyres.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 18 February 2021, 16:21 »
I quite like those stickers.
More than happy with my car minus any Clubsport logos but the lettering is well executed in that photo and it was only a matter of time before someone got on the case to market something like that.
Might be a popular add on, especially for enthusiasts that do the show scene or like to post up hundreds of photos of their car.

I’ve seen a few posts saying that people wouldn’t buy a Clubsport because it didn’t look special or unique which is odd considering it’s just a standard production model that has a distinctive enough look in its own right. Typically VW subtle. Shame it doesn’t have unique wheels, but that may change during the model life and I quite like adding my own stamp to a car in the form of different wheels anyway.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 18 February 2021, 16:50 »
Unique? I reckon out of the gti, the clubby and the R they will sell more clubby than the other two combined.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 18 February 2021, 17:08 »
Unique? I reckon out of the gti, the clubby and the R they will sell more clubby than the other two combined.

Depends on the lease deals really. The R is the darling of the leasers and those that have £50k tucked away down the sofa and tend to buy the top of the range everything (after carefully considering other options for a split-nanosecond before deciding to buy the one with the most features ‘cos it’s bound to be the best innit).

The regular GTI still has the best blend for higher mileage use (or if you have lots of fog!) so ought to appeal to company car drivers that no longer want a Diesel (sound familiar?)

At least the Clubsport (TCR replacement) in this generation doesn’t look massively overpriced compared to the R so should sell in reasonable numbers. This being the GTI forum we’re biased, other forums and social media groups might paint a different picture.

Time will tell how market conditions and VW’s political direction go.

If you want unique I suppose you have to have red wheels!
Would have been nice to have a ‘unique’ Clubsport alloy wheel design though.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 18 February 2021, 17:43 »
Think those CS decals look spot on. Have you got a photo of the side of the car just to see them a little better? Oh, and I’m taking the credit for this mod. My photo inspired a generation.  :grin:

Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline fuster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 18 February 2021, 18:46 »
Can’t say it bothers me that there is no clubsport reference on my car.  Not a fan of decals in general and will probably remove mine at some point

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 18 February 2021, 19:11 »
Can’t say it bothers me that there is no clubsport reference on my car.  Not a fan of decals in general and will probably remove mine at some point

Same as me. If you're a VW enthusiast or even just interested in cars, i'm pretty sure you'll see the difference between the Clubsport over a standard golf/gti

I'd remove the decals if it was an option 
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 18 February 2021, 19:53 »
Think those CS decals look spot on. Have you got a photo of the side of the car just to see them a little better? Oh, and I’m taking the credit for this mod. My photo inspired a generation.  :grin:

I’ll take some when I’m next out, only applied them today. 👍🏻

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 18 February 2021, 20:47 »
Did you make them yourself M6TT?
As I said previously they do look well executed and indeed very OEM and should prove quite a popular mod.
They certainly work well with the paint colour.

Interesting to see the differing views on the side decals in general, always the beauty of forums.

I’m another who would love to see more pics of the car with them on.

Michele, you were too slow copyrighting your idea!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 18 February 2021, 23:10 »
Did you make them yourself M6TT?
As I said previously they do look well executed and indeed very OEM and should prove quite a popular mod.
They certainly work well with the paint colour.

Interesting to see the differing views on the side decals in general, always the beauty of forums.

I’m another who would love to see more pics of the car with them on.

No, I ordered them from a vinyl graphics supplier online. They have a huge catalogue of graphics to choose from, and loads of colours. The dark grey is pretty close to the bodywork. They were only a tenner, so nothing to lose by trying them out.

https://shop.zengraphics.co.uk/vw-golf-mk7

Michele, you were too slow copyrighting your idea!  :grin: