Author Topic: Few Q's from a newbie!  (Read 1658 times)

Offline missmouse

• Not said much yet
Few Q's from a newbie!
« on: 09 May 2019, 08:18 »
Hi, 1st post here! Ive just got a 2010 GTI dsg & looking for a few tips please!
Where is the OBD port?
 can I use VagCom ( I have full version) to change the central locking setup? I hate the auto lock function & the 2 presses to open all doors.
The car has been lowered & to my mind is quite skittish when driving. Not exactly unstable but not a relaxing drive! Any iseads what to check? Suspension geometry?

thanks
Simon

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Few Q's from a newbie!
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2019, 09:39 »
The ODB port is under the dashboard, above the pedals.

You can change the 2 presses to open all door to one press via the Settings Menu in the DIS. It's in the Convenience section. Auto Locking needs to be disabled with VCDS / VAG-COM

The platform is quite susceptible to miss aligned rear suspension geometry. Usually the rear toe is out. This causes skittish characteristics and uneven tyre wear. The only cure is for a full geometry check using a Hunter or similar machine, and someone that knows how to use it. For the best results, it's best done on new tyres. It's worth getting a price from the dealers for this as they are often very competitive for this job and do it properly.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.