Author Topic: CHRIS_MC - "Black Op's mk2 8v GTI"  (Read 3170 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
CHRIS_MC - "Black Op's mk2 8v GTI"
« on: 12 March 2009, 12:02 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline CHRIS_MC

• I live here
  • GHETTO GHOLFER
Re: CHRIS_MC - "Black Op's mk2 8v GTI"
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2009, 18:50 »
THANKS JV

Quick intro, my name is Chris and im from Edinburgh although soon to be Lanark (between Glasgow & Edinburgh)
this will be the 3rd of my Golf collection...

1st bought a 16v Helios Blue mk2 GTi 3 door, had many many problems with it, should'nt really have bought it but didnt know nuffin about mk2 at the time, £1200

2nd is a mk3 8v GTi Mystic blue 5door, couldnt persuade the bird to get another mk2 after the many let downs of the 1st one, its a rock solid bullet proof motor, £1150

3rd is a Black 8v mk2 3 door GTi (pictured below) which is the car i will be focusing my funds and energy on now, & im delighted to be back in a mk2, £1500 (bit steep, but im happy with what i got)

Offline CHRIS_MC

• I live here
  • GHETTO GHOLFER
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2009, 19:08 »
Not really a project thread as such, im not really planning to do anything to the engine as its out of my league/knowledge.

Black Op's being that im going to black out everything,

so plans would be:
tinted quad headlights (or may go for a jetta front with inpro lights, but doubtful)
smoked indicators all round.
polished porsche handles (i like 'em as a mod although way down the line)
to get the windows out of my Valver (VW Factory Black Tints) into this one
Electric Windows for the front doors (suspect a hard one to do on your own, but will try)
Get the Estoril's off my valver,strip the laquor off, (which is peeling/cracked) maybe a bit of DIY polishing) onto the 8v, they are wrapped in GoodYr Eagle F1's (just has to replace one:angry:)
Fit rear zender (or maybe the 2 slat Hella with brake light) not too sure if i wanna drill into the boot, incase i dont like the Zender, the Hella could be bonded i suppose with tigerseal? as it was missing the fitting bits from egay.
Would obviously like to slam it on coilovers, but not sure if i can be bothered or can afford that for a while,
also got a set of rear eyebrows for the clusters (RGM) paint up and see how they look, (easy to remove, just velcro)
AND get the missing bits to install the VDO gauges i have sitting gathering dust, (the guides are still confusing even for an ex Electronic Service Engineer) :laugh:
what else? erm.... G60 arches would be nice, & bee sting aerial,single storm wiper,Audioscape door pods etc....

yeah ok its a huge big wish list now, anyways the plan is to tick off as much as possible.

and i can start with the fact that ive just fitted a full leather standard interior, delighted £350 (mod number 1) :cool:

« Last Edit: 14 March 2009, 23:38 by CHRIS_MC »

Offline CHRIS_MC

• I live here
  • GHETTO GHOLFER
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2009, 19:19 »
before:

seats out & bloody good hoover:

nice shiney new (old) interior, excuse the quality but the iPhone is w@nk:

ah, i also (next job) plan to fit some nice black carpeted boot turrets i bought for my Valver :smiley:

« Last Edit: 14 March 2009, 19:21 by CHRIS_MC »