Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789435 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #80 on: 17 October 2013, 12:40 »
I'll have a quick look later.

Hi Norbeck21a..... did you have a chance to look at the turn signal adjustment? (think this is a mint feature to have...)  :rolleyes:

Yes, it's in the adaptation channels in the central electronics module - (2) - Turn Signal Controls. Default is 3, add can be set as high as 5 flashes.

2013-10-17_122904 by Sootchucker, on Flickr
« Last Edit: 17 October 2013, 13:22 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #81 on: 17 October 2013, 13:38 »
Cool video - Thanks Norbreck.  Are you keeping the puddle light change on?
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #82 on: 17 October 2013, 13:50 »
I'll have a quick look later.

Hi Norbeck21a..... did you have a chance to look at the turn signal adjustment? (think this is a mint feature to have...)  :rolleyes:

Yes, it's in the adaptation channels in the central electronics module - (2) - Turn Signal Controls. Default is 3, add can be set as high as 5 flashes.

2013-10-17_122904 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Wow Norbeck, you are a star!! that's smashing..! Loads of thanks....  :laugh:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #83 on: 17 October 2013, 13:52 »
Cool video - Thanks Norbreck.  Are you keeping the puddle light change on?

I've live with it for a few days and see what I think (only takes a minute to disable it.)

there are pros and cons.

Pros are, obviously, the lights are on all the time, and therefore come on when you unlock the car (even with the mirrors folded), and do give a certain amount of light, albeit not where it's supposed to be, and I prefer the lights to be for the whole of the folding process them for them to go off automatically with the main lights when the Coming home times out (remember, I have coded the CH lights to activate automatically, so no silly having to pull the main beam stalk before getting out).

Cons are, With the lights folded, and the angle of the lights in that position, they don't provide any floor illumination at all, and when you are sat in the car, the lights are actually visible from the drivers seat when folded. Whilst they don't actually shine straight into your face, they are quite bright none the less, which is maybe why VW disabled them when folded in the first place ?.

I still can't understand why the lights were not fitted into the mirror bases, rather than the mirror housings, as the bases are fixed and don't swivel, so the lights could be on all the time without issues.
« Last Edit: 17 October 2013, 13:56 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #84 on: 17 October 2013, 14:10 »
Vortex has a thread for the tweaks already ........  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6578924-Golf-MkVII-VCDS-Tweaks

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #85 on: 17 October 2013, 15:20 »
.....and stolen Norbrecks good work without even a credit.

P!ss Poor if you ask me.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #86 on: 17 October 2013, 15:29 »
I still can't understand why the lights were not fitted into the mirror bases, rather than the mirror housings, as the bases are fixed and don't swivel, so the lights could be on all the time without issues.

Agreed.  The puddle light functions have no need to be related the folding status of the mirrors.  I guess it would have just made too much sense..  :rolleyes:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #87 on: 17 October 2013, 15:47 »
Hmmm....just told them off.

As I said, I don't have an issue spreading the information, but as I and a number of others have put a lot of work into this thread, a little credit for the source of the information would have been nice - or am I being too sensitive  :laugh: :laugh:.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #88 on: 17 October 2013, 16:33 »

Anyone recommend one at a decent price or a decent dealer?

If you just want it for your car, buy it via Gendan

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCMC.html

Thanks I had forgot about Gendan. Don't think I'll risk the Micro Can though.

« Last Edit: 17 October 2013, 16:40 by p3asa »
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #89 on: 17 October 2013, 17:06 »
Well I have the HEX-USB+CAN as the wife has had a number of Polos (including her current 2013 Blue GT), and all of those including her latest 6R, are not fully CAN based (CAN and K-Line), so having just a Micro-CAN for me would have caused me a few issues in reaching a number of the modules in the Polo.

That and a number of family members have older VW's and Audi's, and the HEX-USB+CAN pretty much reads all of them. In my opinion worth the small extra amount, unless of course you ONLY have a CAN based car, and are total OK with the limitations thus mentioned.