Author Topic: £265 Price  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Re: £265 Price
« Reply #20 on: 08 October 2012, 16:19 »
are you saying you used a forklift?  :laugh:

No, a pallet truck that has been modified for holding engine, gearbox and subframe combos. Awesome idea that me and dad had and made, makes dropping engines and gearboxes an absolute doddle.

@Barry, I suggest you keep quiet mate, no need for it all. ;)
or what will happen if i dont  :wink: will i get into trouble  :grin: :grin:

No, you'll just continue to look like a complete moron.

Mods, can this be deleted, thanks.
we all know your the 1 an only bellend  :grin: :grin: keep it up  :tongue:

Funny that, I'm not sitting here trying to put whatever your trade is down.

You're being out of order for no genuine reason. You don't know me, nor my work which is going pretty well at the moment FYI. Please just keep the comments to yourself. Thanks.
well if your new trade is being a mechanic give it up quickly as takin 5hrs to change a timing belt is takin the piss  :grin: :grin: now if you dont want ppl to comment dont post up alot of bull

What I thought it true then, you've never changed a belt on a MK4 1.8T. ;)

4 hours is the book time. Combine that with the other jobs and plenty of rounded bolts and you have a decent 5 hour job.

As you were.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 08 October 2012, 16:36 »
Pretty sure mine didnt take 4 hours never mind 5?

It isnt the hardest job to do and neither is there many bolts to undo to become/were rounded?

Its a wonder your doing well, customers paying you labour  :grin:

Love this forum  :evil: 
1.6-1.8t AGU K03s, Forge actuator, Forge 007p, turbo back exhuast, Ths front mount, Catch can, 5 piece silicone boost pipes and creation sports tip. Stage 2 atm 232bhp 270lbs. Waiting for custom mapping :-)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 08 October 2012, 16:43 »
Pretty sure mine didnt take 4 hours never mind 5?

It isnt the hardest job to do and neither is there many bolts to undo to become/were rounded?

Its a wonder your doing well, customers paying you labour  :grin:

Love this forum  :evil: 

The process of doing yours was? Did you change the breathers, give them all a quick clean, rocker gasket etc? Then go through the DTC's on the car (which I have a list of), clear them and then test drive etc? Look for split hoses and diagnose boost issues?

The hexagon keys were rounded on the crank for a start, these are quite a pain to get out as you don't want to be smashing other tools on them as it's a crank pulley. ;)

The 10mm bolts on the covers were also all mixed and rounded and the covers bent, so sorted those. All the gunky antifreeze was flushed through and then pure water and G12 mixed 50/50.

You can all sit there all those miles away giving it all the beans, all I was doing was giving a few pointers for people doing it in the future. Got a twenty quid tip as well so ended well. :)

If you've both done it before, how did you tackle the engine mount?

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 08 October 2012, 17:39 »
LOL im jokin mate £265 is a good price beats paying VW's £350 for timing belt and water pump change.

BUT the engine mount is pretty easy. Car up on ramp, engine mount undone, lower the car with engine supported from underneath. This gave enough room to finish the job.

10mm bolts on the rocker cover are pretty easy too, Mine were the same. 9mm socket removed the stubborn ones.

'Y' shape breather is a 2 minute job, mine is easier as its AGU I have only a '90degree' pipe.

Ohh and im not even a mechanic  :grin: Infact my job would be known as a pencil pusher  :laugh:

Fun times!!  :laugh:
1.6-1.8t AGU K03s, Forge actuator, Forge 007p, turbo back exhuast, Ths front mount, Catch can, 5 piece silicone boost pipes and creation sports tip. Stage 2 atm 232bhp 270lbs. Waiting for custom mapping :-)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 08 October 2012, 18:22 »
LOL im jokin mate £265 is a good price beats paying VW's £350 for timing belt and water pump change.

BUT the engine mount is pretty easy. Car up on ramp, engine mount undone, lower the car with engine supported from underneath. This gave enough room to finish the job.

10mm bolts on the rocker cover are pretty easy too, Mine were the same. 9mm socket removed the stubborn ones.

'Y' shape breather is a 2 minute job, mine is easier as its AGU I have only a '90degree' pipe.

Ohh and im not even a mechanic  :grin: Infact my job would be known as a pencil pusher  :laugh:

Fun times!!  :laugh:

Fair do's.

Found everyone saying the mount was a b!tch, I just pulled airbox off, two bolts, drop engine down and jobs a doddle. I have to admit I'd love a couple of those a week!

Offline harlemex

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 09 October 2012, 13:16 »
I just did my cambelt over the weekend(1.8t). Took me 7 and a half hours  :lipsrsealed:  :whistle:
 That engine mount had me stumped for a good while...  I mean the bracket its bolted to. I took it out from above and in the end put it back in from underneath!  :tongue: